Tranparency

Tranparency

I going to ask again that Airbnb give mathematical examples of how they calculate HOST remuneration not endless prose.

1. What percentage fee does AirBnb charge and on what figures do they base this charge.... it’s not 3%

2. On what figures do they calculate the weekly and monthly discount?

3. What role does the host cleaning fee play in the calculation?

4. I record Zloty prices in my price listing yet my prices are quoted in Euros on the web site why?

5. Why can't we get payed in the currency of our choice? it seems ridicules that people must pay a conversion charge when I can except euros in my Polish bank account?

6. why can't we have multi-currency payments, I get guests from America, Europe and Poland why should these guests be burdened with the additional cost of currency conversion when I can except dollars, Euros, and Zlotys?

7. In this age of computerisation why are they rounding to zero decimal places?

8. Why do Airbnb us a different method to display the host remuneration when there are more than your standard set of guests.

9. Why can’t they display if a vat charge, has or has not been collected on the remuneration documentation.

I can’t believe I’m requesting this information from a company that has a 30Billion market capitalisation and why the authorities allow Airbnb to produce document that aren’t fit for purpose.

Regards

Cormac P Keenan

The Explorer’s Club Krakow.

5 Comments
Gina32
Level 10

@Cormac0 Interesting points you raise once again. I do hope Airbnb can give you the answers. Because I don't think any of us are going to come up with the right solution.

Cormac0
Level 10

@Gina32

I'm not holding my breath on this one, to be quite honest Gina I did'nt expect airbnb to answer they never do.

I doing to sent a register letter to their Dublin Office and see what responce get!

Regards

Cormac

Robert192
Level 1

They have too many staff giving flowery answers and not enough staff who actually solve problems. The problem is that the staff believe their own puffery.

Cormac0
Level 10

@Robert192

I can’t believe it’s that difficult to show on the web site several worked examples of how the host remuneration is calculated,

I have been trying to write a function to incorporate

1. Number of guest
  2. Number of nights
  3. Cleaning fee
  4. Weekly discount
  5. Monthly discount
  6. Airbnb fee

For accuracy purposes I need to know their methodology.

Why am I doing this:

For generating a price matrix in addition to this I would like to use the goal seeking function in MS excel to see how a shift in the above parameters alters my return over a period of a year.  I own a block of 9 apartments two of which are in AirBnb and I want to do some calculation on Long term versus Short term letting.

Sara100
Level 3
Status changed to: Archived