THE NEW CANCELLATION POLLICY HARMS BOTH AIRBNB AND HOSTS

0 Likes

THE NEW CANCELLATION POLLICY HARMS BOTH AIRBNB AND HOSTS

Dear friends:

The current new cancellation polices made so many of my guest to book the first thing they see and continue looking to see if they find something else, I have no experience more reservation but the cancellations increases 1000%

For instance they have booked me for the Carnival of Venice and cancel today 2 days before Carnival making a huge lost of money for me, as there are no rooms free for Carnaval and people plan ahead.

I beg airbnb to change this policies.

Thank you

3 Comments

@Elisabetta87have you set your cancellation policy to "strict"? Normally the host can control this. Also, if it is a problem, many hosts set higher prices when the cancellation policy is not as strict as your preferred listing site.  If you are set to strict, even when the guest cancels 2 days before you receive 100% of the payment.

Tammy45
Level 2

Agree.. in a city with big events, it would help if some dates could have different cancellation option for us! 

If a competitor books us then cancels, (it does happen!)  or a guest cancels certain major events it can wipe away our projected income.

Thinking of not using Airbnb to book events anymore because I can't change the cancellation  criteria for those dates. Better options with booking.com

Kirstie
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived