Message Box editing using Internet Explorer - IE11 - Cursor latency and cursor movement problems

Jeff89
Level 7
Sydney, Australia

Message Box editing using Internet Explorer - IE11 - Cursor latency and cursor movement problems

When writing/editing a message responding to enquiries or requests, the cursor in the message box often misplaces and there is extreme latency in typing which results in gobbledy **bleep**. I need to write my reply in an editor and paste it into the box.  It occurs on various PCs so it’s not related to my PC, cache etc.   It is not problem using Chrome but Chrome is not my main browser.     It is not a problem writing messages on the community groups with IE11 - just in the inbox/message box with prospective or booked in guests.  The cursor also misplaces when editing property & photo descriptions too but without the latency problem. 

Do others have this problem? 

A spell checker on the community groups and property text boxes would be great too.

10 Replies 10
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Jeff89

Hello again Jeff

I usually compose in ms word and copy to the Airbnb input box which seem to work ok.

I also requested a spell checker months ago to no avail.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's club Krakow.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

I find this more of a problem in cc & host voice but yes, it is definitely a problem 

Jeff89
Level 7
Sydney, Australia

@Cormac0

Thanks Cormac.  That  is what I also do but its a pain in the back side when wanting to reply to messages quickly & accurately.  

Thanks also Kelly.

I'm somewhat consoled to know its not just me that has the problem entering text in various parts of the host areas.   Such a simple issue for ABNB programmers to get the insertion point/cursor in the correct position in a message box.  Agghh 

Wyatt
Host Voice Admin
Host Voice Admin
SF, CA

Alison134
Level 1
Capileira, Spain

I am taking ages writing messages to guests from the 'inbox'.  If I make a spelling mistake, and go back using my mouse and correct it, when I position the curser back to where I started, the mistakes returns to the mistake! The only way is to use the 'up and down' keys on the keyboard which is very frustrating.  Has anyone contacted airbnb about this as I believe it is a very simple thing to rectify? Its just a 'setting' thing in the message box, right?

Jeff89
Level 7
Sydney, Australia

Hi Linda,

I haven't contacted ABnB.  They often take too long to answer the phone and I woud have hoped one of their people review the community forums for info as other hosts also have this problem replying to emails.   I beleive twtitter is a good way of informing them and it has been recommended that hosts shoud get a twitter account to enable more expedient communications with ABnB.

Jeff89
Level 7
Sydney, Australia

I mentioned this problem to ABNB when I was talking to them on the phone today so at least now they have been officially notified if not already done by someone else.

Joe-and-Becky0
Level 2
Woodbury, TN

I am having problems using Internet Explorer and the ABB e-mail system.  I get nothing when I click to respond.

Jeff89
Level 7
Sydney, Australia

Hi @Joe-and-Becky0

Try chrome browser and see if that overcomes the problem. Either way also contact ABnb directly and let them know you are experiencing problems.

Randy55
Level 3
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Same issue for past year 😞

Curious why Airbnb doesn't test/support IE that ships with Windows 10 - arrogance?  lack of funds/resources?  It's 2017 - really no excuse.