Hosting Support From Airbnb

Hosting Support From Airbnb

Why does Airbnb make it so darn difficult to get a question answered?

Sure they like their rabit hole scripted "help" options, which only serves to lower their administration costs, while their entire business plan is making money off the fact that we are willing to host through their site, they are not offering the services we need to make that experience a win/win.

Airbnb should make it EASY for hosts to contact their help, online or via phone.

Hosts should have an option on the main page, one click for live customer support via a chat and a hosting hot line for those items which require a phone conversation.

15 Comments
Zed0
Level 4

Agreed!  I finally found a place to comment about the cleaning fees only to get a reply I cannot answer because I can't find my post!
This website is a frustrating maze 😞 
Z

Rachael26
Level 10

Zed - have a look at your community profile.... (not your listing profile) the profile when you 'sign into' the community forums or ask for help.... there are 3 tabs - 'following', 'recent' and 'your posts'...... you should be able to find your cleaning fees post there..... I saw your post myself in the Hosts section so it is here.... but totally understand because this site is big and confusing with lots of similar parts to it!

Best Wishes

Rachael

Zed0
Level 4

Many thanks Rachael 🙂 

Zed0
Level 4

I don't seem to be able to click "Like" on anyones posts either, even new ones.  I think I will just not bother with this!

Rachael26
Level 10

@Zed0

I can't work it out either - all I can figure is that this area of the community center known as host voice - is a little different and may have been set up for another reason.... who can say? lots of overlap....  bu don't give up - I mainly look at/use the HOST section (where you can give thumbs up likes) and HOST CIRCLE (which is private and non searchable on Google) and there are some useful posts as well as knowledgable hosts who do help.....

Best Wishes,

Loretta2
Level 8

I agree about near impossibility of contacting Airbnb. On the opposite side of the spectrum, I've recently listed my apartment with Stayz (Australia), who charge a little more but it's super easy to get someone on the 'phone to answer your questions. I initially listed with them as I am not happy with Airbnb's pushing 'Instant Book', which in my view is a dangerous and self-defeating concept- but have been more than impressed with how helpful Stayz are.

Zed0
Level 4

@Loretta2 I agree about instant book, but have not encountered any problems with it so far.
Great you have found a site you prefer.  
All the best
Z

Zed0
Level 4

Thanks again @Rachael26 interesting info and very helpful 🙂
Z

Joanna85
Level 10

I find myself checking in and getting lost just reading everything everyone posts!! lol.  

For a long time I"ve thought that sites in general or companies in general have gone to 'automation' as far as customer service.  I do some work for a company and have for about 8 years and have never, ever once talked to anyone who works there on the phone..when I have an issue, I email and wait. They have a phone number you can call but you get a voicemail telling you to go online to contact support via email.  I find that this is the way everyone is going.  Lyft, Uber, Airbnb...I"m sure we could all name employers that have no live customer service.  Heck--anyone here ever applied for a job at Amazon?  Now that's a total trip--I've been through the entire process and never even once met a person who worked there in any HR capacity- it's all done through the internet or third party.

The wave of the future....YIKES!

Zed0
Level 4

@Joanna85  Yes, totally true.  it is frustrating and alarming how automated life has become.
I would not go near Amazon due to their investments/ownership.  Applications for most jobs are multiple choice automated questions over the phone here & extremely lengthy - designed to make you give up I think, that way it cuts down the number of applications.  My children gave up in frustration over many job applications.  Even when they did succeed in getting as far as an interview they were not considered because they were not pliable material.  Thankfully they both found companies run by humans eventually. 
Even the so-called Health service is almost impossible to get through to now.  I waited an hour an a half at a "Drop-in clinic" recently. This is all they have to offer us in this area, having closed the local surgery.  GP's (I have tried 7 over the last 8 months) are too young and inexperienced to have a clue how to speak to me, let alone help me.  I only go to alternative therapies now.
Having witnessed my 90 year old aunt being shoved aorund like a piece of rubbish, starved and bullied until she died, I am actually determined not to get old and frail, I intedn to go early!
Rant over 😉 Have a great weekend!!
Z