Dormitories

Ed39
Level 1
Colombia

Dormitories

At first I loved Airbnb ... but having a major problem with the dormatories. I repetedly have people thinking they can book one bed and jam in up to 6 people for as little as $3.00 per person breakfast included ... this defies logic ... yet it continues ( I am now on their "blacklist" because a guest refused to cancel ...  after this incident I've disable instant bookings).

I've listed each bed seperately, but this now evokes the problem that a person cannot book multiple beds for their travelling partners. I've snoozed all but one bed because I tired of having to constantly reply to guest only to have them indignant. 

Also ... where is the customer service for hosts? 

3 Replies 3
Susie0
Level 10
Oakland, CA

On any website or app they design for the 80% of ways that it will be used. Your situation is simply uncommon so is difficult to arrange for as a host. 

If you are renting "beds" you need to make a listing for each and every bed and make the maximum person per bed 1.  You can also make listings for 4 people & 4 beds (in particular this would work with the shared room options you host), 8 people & 8 beds, how ever many combinations you want. That way if 3 people want to book the entire room to themselves and leave the extra bed empty, that's their perogative and you've rented all 4 beds anyway.  There is no way to "add on".  

Wyatt
Host Voice Admin
Host Voice Admin
SF, CA