Airbnb chaos

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Airbnb chaos

Hi Folks

I got a booking hooray! a five-day booking hooray!

I got a cancellation for the same the five-day booking four hours after the original request boo!

How it appears on the software.

IOS app:

Inbox:  confirmed booking

Click on “confirmed booking”

Chat between host and guest appear, still confirmed booking at the top of screen,

Click on “details” at top of screen

Reservations screen appears:

Then and only then does it appear that the booking has been cancelled

Windows 10 for P.C.:

On “calendar view” the booking is still recorded as a book and appears to be blocking the dates chosen by the guest? even though the guest cancelled, without explanation I may add.

Only when one looks at the reservation menu does one realise that the booking has been cancelled.

This is a complete mess and must be a nightmare if you have more than one listing.

So, could Airbnb software engineer please look at all their platform a resolve this chaos.

2 Replies 2
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Cormac0

Still has not changed, the guest cancelled yet my calander for those day are still blocked what a croc of ...

Alicia93
Level 1
Boulder, CO

That is terrible! You are losing money and Airbnb is saving money, by hiring less than quality IT techs. That issue affects us all; and is probably the real reason you are losing reservations.
I don't know if hosts can pressure Airbnb into hiring better technicians – probably not, but we shouldn't have to. That's what we pay them for! Airbnb is not holding up their end of the bargain.
SO: In order to write this simple response, I had to do it in my tablet app on iPhone. Then I copied it and put it over to you. Why? Because Airbnb's app wouldn't let me edit it at ALL.
It's really the same problem. Issues like yours will continue until they hire experienced and professional IT techs! I wish you luck in getting through to someone who cares enough to help you.