what is maximum picture resolution Airbnb allow?

MangoandEeg0
Level 3
Taiwan Region

what is maximum picture resolution Airbnb allow?

hello fellow hosts , i retake my pictures once in 6 month specially for the listings they dont sell as good as the rest , its usually good solution is my experience plus i make improvements along the way , i use this photographer he also upgrade his equipment twice a year , 

here you can see some of the pictures he takes for other hotels , he is asking what resolution airbnb uploads ? i mean to what size they reduce the quality , e.g. facebook reduces to  upload, max 2048mpix and 80% of quality 1439x960, looks like airbnb export max size i see 25MB but maybe some of you know something i dont know , i am sure there is a catch . thanks for your help , i am just trying to maximise the picture effect . 

1x.JPGhttps://www.airbnb.com/rooms/36403540

or if you have some tips for the pictures , here in taiwan have no option for airbnb photographer so you need to outsource your own  , this guy work for agoda and lots of independent hotel chains here and so all of them have different standards for pictures , angles and resolution ,size.

Regards mango

1 Reply 1
Chase39
Level 2
Indianapolis, IN

I have searched for the same information and haven't found any answers. I'm a photographer and host and I've upload mine in the 3:2 ratio and as large as possible (up to 24.9mb). The resolution is ok. I'm not sure that I've seen any better on airbnb. They resize the photos for speed and storage so the photos are all much lower resolution than the originals. If there's a magic recipe to get better resolution, airbnb is keeping that secret. The 3:2 ratio remains constant and I get no distortion or cropping applied to my photos.