the temporary guest email account

Cathy461
Level 2
Tucson, AZ

the temporary guest email account

I have a lot of information that I send my guest as an attachment to the dummy account or temporary guest email address. I have recently found out that the guests will not receive these emails to this account if they have not verified their email address with airbnb. 

Airbnb does not allow attachments on their message thread and the dummy account is the only way to send them.

1) Why does airbnb allow persons to book if they have not verified their email address? I thought that this was a basic requirement.

2)Why doesn't airbnb allow attachments on their message thread after a guest books? This would really facilitate communication. All other venues either have this feature or allows you to know the personal email of the guest.

Does anyone else find this frustrating?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2
Melanie573
Level 2
Alvor, Portugal

Yes I too find this frustrating.

I also send guests a map of where the accommodation is along with a copy of the Immigration Services requirements for me to register them - as is the law in Portugal.

I feel it is a basic need for a host to send attachments, so I either need to be able to do this on Airbnb's messaging or I need their personal email to do this.....

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

Where do I find the temp email for the guest?