reversal of funds on an airbnb trip due to cancellation

Vicki54
Level 1
Boise, ID

reversal of funds on an airbnb trip due to cancellation

Hi Community,

We booked a trip in September of 2016 to Mexico. We arrived in Feb. 1  2017. It was not at all what we wanted and it was misrepresented. We left and requested a refund. Airbnb settled with the host and refunded 522.00 to the credit card on the resservtions. Here is the sticking point. Since the reservations was made, the credit card and bank account was cancelled. So the funds had no where to go. Wells Fargo said they would send it back to airbnb. Airbnb says that can't happen. We cannot get either Wells Fargo or Airbnb to find and resolve this issue. Anyone know what to do, who to contact, what to do next. It has been two weeks since we filed the resolution complaint. Thanks

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Wells Fargo cannot take money to an account that has been closed - it will be returned to the sender. AirBnB have your money. You need to add a new payment method and then contact AirBnB and get them to resend the payment to you. Easiest way to keep track of conversations with AirBnB is to use Twitter (search for AirBnBhelp)

Hi Gerry and Rashid,

Thanks for your response. We are over 2 weeks into our one month trip and still having to deal with Airbnb  in order to get the funds into an account. I have two other cards on my airbnb account that the funds could go into. We talk to them every other day, never getting the same answer twice. How long do you think a resolution on this should, will, possibly take? Have you ever dealt with anything of this nature with Airbnb?

Thanks again and I am curious what level 10 means?

Reaching our from Puerto Vallarta.

Vicki

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Vicki54

Sorry you are having these problems.

These forums are mainly for hosts (and some guests) and aren't monitored  by BNB.

Have you tried contacting them via Twitter?

Level 10 means you are an active member of this forum and that your input has been recognised by people 'liking your posts'.