response to a review

Ed-and-Susie0
Level 1
South Lake Tahoe, CA

response to a review

Hi all, so I'm new at this and got my first review. A positive review! So I typed a response to the review and thought it was private, but guess what - It wasn't. It was a public post. Opps!

Does anyone know if I can change this? And how?

Thanks,

First Timer

4 Replies 4
Ira4
Level 10
Athens, Greece

@Ed-and-Susie0 hello! Congratulations for your first positive review! 

I think you cannot delete a reply to a review, but maybe you can edit it for a small period of time. 

To try it, go to HOST, select REVIEWS and then select Reviews by You. There you will see your last review. If you are able to edit it, you will realize it there. if not, it is ok, don't worry. You just mention about a diamond earring, it is not a big deal I think. You can just send a private message to your guest and clarify that you were aiming to send that privately.

Thanks Ira for your encouragement.  I took your suggestion and sent a private message to our guests explaining my mistake. I had already tried editing, and no luck. So, I'm not going to stress over it. 

Funny part about this conversation is that that's the second diamond earing I found and my guest laughed, saying "keep it" because they were fake.

Anyhow, thanks for responding to my post.

Have a great Christmas!

Susie

City-Limits-Ranch0
Level 10
Watsonville, CA

It's not really a disaster.  Airbnb might remove it if you call them and explain.  However, if not, you are just letting the world know that you appreciate classy when you see it and if you find diamonds you will honestly return them to the rightful owner.

Oh good...it seems at though my hearts intent is understood. Yes, I actually was tring to return the earings to their rightful owner, but they told me to keep them; because they weren't real.

Pretty silly, but live and learn.

Thanks for responding to my post.

Merry Christmas!

Susie