refund for cancelation

Lee107
Level 1
Northern Territory, Australia

refund for cancelation

Hi.... Looking for assistance please. I have a guest due to check in on Friday, however they have been caught in the Queensland cyclone and can now not make their Darwin trip. I am happy for monies to be refunded to them due to circumstances, however I am unable to change refund settings..... And as I have not yet received their monies, I am unable to refund.... How do we go about this? Look forward to an unrgent reply as they are due in tomorrow... Or is best way for me to wait for payment to come thru and them I arrange transfer back to them? Assistance appreciated   🙂

1 Reply 1
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lee107

A few options - they can ask AirBnB for a refund due to extenuating circumstances, in which case if AirBnB agree they will also get their booking fee back from AirBnB.

You can ask the guest to cancel - (however if you receive and email asking you if you are happy to cancel decline it) and you will be paid subject to your cancelleation policy. You can then refund them what you wish. In addition your diary will be open for bookings. They will not receive AirBnB fees back.

You can do nothing, you will get paid as if they arrived and stayed. You can refund as you wish - but your calendar will remain blocked as AirBnB will believe you have your guests staying with you. They will not receive AirBnB fees back.