"Professional translation"

Helen23
Level 2
Faro District, Portugal

"Professional translation"

Hi,

I recieved an email from Airbnb "express@airbnb.com" saying that my decription has been professionaly translated to French. Is this a authentic email? When clicking the link on it it asks me to log in again...

If it is real I need to delete the translation as I decided long ago not to accept reservations from people who don't speek the same languages as me as it makes comunication just to complicated!
Thanks
Helen
5 Replies 5
Monika64
Level 10
New York, NY

@Helen23 I honestly wouldn't click and log in. I'd log into my acct and send a message to Airbnb asking why would they translate your listing if you didn't requested it. Send them the email address.

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Helen23 This email address, express@airbnb.com, is legitimate.  For future reference, here is a link on how you can tell if an email is from Airbnb: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/971/how-do-i-know-if-an-email-is-really-from-airbnb

Hi@Clare0,

I also checked but they say it in the help center that's not a 100% guarantee though that these emails are not phishing. Why would they translate @Helen23 listing without her permission? It is a usual thing?

@Monika64 I would trust the email addresses mentioned in the help article.  What people have to look out for are what I call mutant email addresses such as @airbnbrentals.com which is completely phony.   As the article says, these emails should also show in a host's dashboard or message inbox under Notifications. 

While I've never had the need to have anything translated on my listing, it would not surprise me if Airbnb translated some listing details.  I've seen many listings with translated information, usually English, French, Portuguese and Spanish. 

Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

This is not quite the same, but a year ago I was emailed to log in and change my password. Before I did, I called Airbnb and verified it was a legitimate request. They verified it was, so I did change my password. I'm glad I called, otherwise I would have worried.