payout

Sophie398
Level 2
Belfast, United Kingdom

payout

Hello! I really hope you guys can help me. I have a payout overdue by 2 weeks. Initially, my payout method (PayPal) said 'Error'.  So I contacted Airbnb who advised me to delete and re-add the PayPal method.  I did that and still the payout was not released, despite the error having dissaeared and the payout method appearing as ready.  So again I was told to delete and re-add.  I have done this again and once again the payout method looks set to go.  However, Airbnb have still not sent the payout and they have been ignoring my messages over the past few days.  Financially, this has left me in a real mess and I am struggling to pay my mortgage this month.  My current guests wish to extend their reservation but I am so anxious over payment issues that I am reluctant to accept anymore reservations until I receive my last payout which is quite  a substantial amount.  Please help guys!  Thank you, Sophie

16 Replies 16
Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Sophie398

If it is possible, could you try with a computer , while you are registrating your payout method information. Also you could see this link : 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/106/how-do-i-know-if-my-payout-method-is-working  

Thanks, 

Miloud

Sophie398
Level 2
Belfast, United Kingdom

Hi.  Thanks for the response.  I could try this.  I spoke with Airbnb there a d they said they have filed a big report with their IT department...2 weeks after the payment was due.  I don't know what to do at this stage, I am reluctant to rre-add my PayPal for a third time because it remains in a 'pending' state for 5 days.  

Sophie

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Sophie398 

Major problems with UK payouts for the past several months - mostly with direct bank deposits, but also with other payment methods too. See the thread below. 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Very-slow-payouts/td-p/386055/page/3

Sophie398
Level 2
Belfast, United Kingdom

Thanks for the response Susan.  They have been so deceitful in that they refuse to admit what the problem is.  They have told me that the IT department are investigating incase there's some sort of bug with the account...they can't speed this process up, they can't give a timescale, they can't give any more information.  So tired of chasing them 😞

They're bullsh*tting you, @Sophie398 - payout issues for UK hosts have been going on for months. Try calling the Airbnb UK Payments legal dept tomorrow (number in screenshot below) - you're banging your head against a brick wall trying to get any sense out of Customer Service. Insist you want your payout, immediately, as Airbnb is breaching the terms of their contract with you, by witholding your funds for an unacceptable period of time. 

Stress that their negligence in providing your payout is causing you financial hardship - struggling to pay your mortgage this month etc - and if they're still fobbing you off, tell them that they're leaving you with no choice but to report them to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Contact details also in the screenshot below. 

Be calm, polite, but firm and assertive. It's your money, you need it, don't accept "no" for an answer. Best of luck! 

Sophie398
Level 2
Belfast, United Kingdom

Thanks so much for this Susan.  Thi is the kind of information I need and I really appreciate your advice.  I am tired of fighting for my money.    I always trusted Airbnb as a fair and ethical company but this is utterly disgusting.

Thanks again

Sophie

Unfortunately, @Sophie398, Airbnb is anything but a fair and ethical company, as you've now discovered to your cost. 

They use their vaguely worded (and often contradictory) T&Cs to wriggle their way out of meeting their legal and moral responsibilities and obligations, and to renege on their duty of care to both hosts and guests alike. 

For example, they state.. 

7.2.1 Airbnb Payments will generally initiate Payouts to your selected Payout Method: (i) for Accommodations, 24 hours of the Guest’s scheduled check-in time (or 24 hours of 3:00 pm local time - or 3:00 pm UTC if local time is unknown - if the check-in time is flexible or not specified)

But, as with everything else, they also have a get-out clause for that... 

7.2.2 Airbnb Payments may delay or cancel any Payout for purposes of preventing unlawful activity or fraud, risk assessment, security, or investigation.

So, technically, they can - and do -  delay (or even cancel!) host payouts, whenever the mood takes them - as long as they throw in the words "bug" or "investigation" somewhere, they have their arses covered under their terms of service (which hosts have no choice but to agree to, in order to access their accounts)

However the FCA - or the media - might not see things in quite the same way. The European Commission has already forced Airbnb to amend several of their T&Cs (from the consumer aspect), as they were found to be unlawful, under the regulations of the jurisdiction. It's about time we, as hosts, started standing up for ourselves too, and challenging the company's abusive, exploitative T&Cs, from the service providers' (our) standpoint. 

Hope you get sorted soon Sophie! There's nothing worse than being put under financial pressure, due entirely to the negligence, shady practices and dodgy dealings of others. Fingers crossed for you! 

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Sophie398 

Airbnb Payments UK Ltd

Suite 1, 3rd Floor

11-12 St.James’s Square

London,

SW1Y 4LB

+44 203 318 1111

legal.payments@airbnb.com

Company Number: 09392688

Airbnb Payments UK Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as an Electronic Money Institution with reference number 900596.

FCA Head Office:

12 Endeavour Square,

London, E20 1JN. 

+44 (0)20 7066 1000 

consumer.queries@fca.org.uk

https://www.fca.org.uk/about/the-fca

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Sophie398  

Thank you also 

Thanks, 

Miloud

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Sophie398 

To anyone else who needs to contact Airbnb about delayed or missing payouts, you might like to ask them why Airbnb feels it's acceptable to detain much-needed host earnings for inexcusable periods of time, whilst simultaneously claiming to be sitting on gargantuan cash reserves themselves. 

"Airbnb has over $3 billion in cash on its balance sheet as of Thursday (Oct 17, 2019), according to a source familiar with the company’s finances. Airbnb also has a $1 billion line of credit that it hasn’t used, the source said"

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/17/airbnb-with-3-billion-on-balance-sheet-trying-to-avoid-wework.html

@Sophie398 and @Susan17 

Huge thanks for all information.

I'm experience host from Belgrade / Serbia and I also have issue with the payment. It is very small amount of money and payment as payment for me was not big issue (it is small amount) but the issue for me was it because i'm trying for almost 2 months to receive any replay from support. Few minutes ago i receive info from support and i hope that i will solve ...

See you,

Nemanja.

Glad to hear you've made some progress, at least @Nemanja23! And it's not the amount that matters, it's the principle. Under no circumstances, should hosts be having to chase Airbnb for months, for income that is rightfully theirs. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/17/airbnb-with-3-billion-on-balance-sheet-trying-to-avoid-wework.html

"Following a report from the Information earlier on Thursday, which showed the company’s loss doubled in the first quarter from a year earlier, Airbnb’s cash position could soothe investors concerned that the company is poised to be the next WeWork"

Just because Airbnb needs to conjure up magical figures to "soothe concerned investors", should NOT mean that hosts should have to wait unacceptable periods of time for their earnings to be released by the company. 

Imagine a friend owes you a sum of money, for whatever reason, and every time you ask them about it, they either refuse to give it to you, or lie to your face about having it. Then you discover that they've actually had a huuuge wad of cash tucked away in their back pocket all this time. So you ask them again for the miniscule slice that they owe you, and they sneer, "Ha! I need this money to impress/finesse far more important people than you, so you can feck off until I'm good and ready to give it to you!"

Probably wouldn't end too well... 

Sophie398
Level 2
Belfast, United Kingdom

Very good point Susan!  At the minute, I am considering other host options.  So far Vrbo, Home away, Flipkey have got my attention.  Are you familiar with any of these platforms?  Airbnb's  behaviour is utterly dusgusting.  This  dirty ethos does not sit well with me and I need to weigh up my options.  Airbnb are severely damaging their reputation and hosts will certainly start jumping ship...that's when their real problems will begin.

Kind Regards

Sophie

@Susan17 issue not solved still 🙂