[new host] A guest asking to pay for extra nights by cash

[new host] A guest asking to pay for extra nights by cash

I have a guest that has made a booking, all his communication has been very clear and friendly. He has booked two nights with me and he has mentioned he has done that with a voucher that he has and doesn't effect me. Great. But he also wanted to stay an extra night, but because of his voucher, his discount can only apply for two nights, so if he books three under one booking he loses his discount. So he says he will book one extra night seperately. Fine. He updated me saying Airbnb won't allow him to do that as he's already staying there the previous nights (is this true?). 

So the question is, do I allow him to pay me via cash for the third night? Problem is, there will not be a host at the house and I'll be leaving that to his honesty....

Let me know what you think.

PS. This guy has no preivous reviews. So I'm wary. 

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/913/can-i-change-a-reservation-as-a-guest

Of course he can change the booking to include the extra day. It won't affect his discount voucher.

Either he doesn't understand how Airbnb works or he is trying to save money by paying cash.

Either way ensure the guest amends the reservation through Airbnb. You then accept the change to the reservation,

If he stays and there is a problem with his behaviour or he damages the property - if he pays in cash, you wouldn't be protected.