india service tax number

Sarah242
Level 1
Nagoa, India

india service tax number

Hello

We list multiple properties in Goa, India.  Airbnb has strted to pay the occupancy tax (known as Service tax). Thats great, however the CA here wont accept just a table the Airbnb show to say the tax is paid they require a declaration from Airbnb that this tax is paid AND their service tax registration number, if thats not obtained then we will again have to pay the tax meaning double is paid.  Does anyone know how I can get these as I cant seem to find any way to mail and ask them.

4 Replies 4

Hi Sarah

I asked the same question to Airbnb and with great difficulty got the following reply only

Greetings,

Thanks for your reply back here is the number you requested.
AANCA6203BSD001

Do let us know if you have got any furthur information from them?

Kunal

Hi Kunal,

I am currently trying to get that information from airbnb support. However, When airbnb remits taxes to government on our behalf, they have to mention our service tax number. Otherwise how will the authorities know that the service tax they paid is for us?

Have you faced any problems regarding this while filing ur service tax returns?

Hi Everyone,

I searched in detail and found that if you earn money using an aggregator, like airbnb, the service provider (us, the hosts!) doesnt have to pay any service tax. The service tax is to be paid by the receiver of service (the guests). So airbnb collects this service tax from guests and pays the government.

Tejas

George139
Level 1
Anjuna, India

Hi , My Name is George, U can contact me on [phone number hidden]

I too asked the same question  to Airbnb,

Its difficult contacting them from India, Also there is no help from the indian team.

If u  contact the Internation team they are not aware of the Indian Tax norms and also about IT filing norms.

I WAS SENT A MAIL WICH ONLY PROVIDED Me the folling code ----  Our India Assessee Code is: AANCA6203BSD001

They r telling u can take a print out  of the occupancy tax payed and subbmitt it to ur CA.

Pl help if someone has info of the indian Officials of AIRBNB team dealing with taxes and stuff.