if AIRBNB takes the refund from my pocket it is giving me a penalty!!!!!!!!!!!

Marta39
Level 2
Ciudad de la Costa, Uruguay

Marta
Marta
Level 2
in
Marta
Marta
Level 2
in

I have rented my apartment and the day the guests should enter they did not come and told me to wait for them because an illness of a familiar. I waited  and 10 days later Airbnb told me they will not come and that they had refund the guests  and so Airbnb would take the money of my next rent!!!!!!!! Then they returned to me only U$ 350 for the 10 days, but I could not rent to any body else my apartment this month that was previously reserved by these guests. So Carla from AIRBNB says that they will take U$ 600 from my next rent because of the refund to the guests!!!!!!!  

I have a STRICT POLICY CANCELLATION and they cannot do this!!!!!!!

WHAT Carla from Airbnb HAVE SENT TO ME ABOUT AIRBNB POLICY SAYS CLEARLY:   Guests has the right to receive the full refund ( In cases of illness....) and Host do NOT receive any penalty for the cancellation.

HOST MUST NOT RECEIVE ANY PENALTY FOR THE CANCELLATION that means that if AIRBNB takes the refund from my pocket it is giving me a penalty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not guilty for the illness of the familiar of Laura!!!!!!! So, you cannot take nor one dollar from my pocket!!!!!!

Please refund to me the full amount of the rent of my apatment  that  Laura Ashemberger reserved because when you told me that they will not come, on  19 June, I could not rent my apartment to any other person!!!!!!!!

I FULFILLED MY OBLIGATIONS AS HOST WITH THEM. i HAVE NOT ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF THEY DID NOT COME.

sO, IF AIRBNB GETS THE MONEY FROM MY NEXT RENT AIRBNB IS NOT COMPLYING WITH ITS OWN RULES!!!!!!!, and this will not end here. 

I EXPECT AIRBNB TO RETURN THE FULL AMOUNT OF THE RENT, THIS BEING THE ONLY FAIR ACTION OF AIRBNB to this respect. 

I have rented my apartment and the day the guests should enter they did not come and told me to wait for them because an illness of a familiar. I waited  and 10 days later Airbnb told me they will not come and that they had refund the guests  and so Airbnb would take the money of my next rent!!!!!!!! Then they returned to me only U$ 350 for the 10 days, but I could not rent to any body else my apartment this month that was previously reserved by these guests. So Carla from AIRBNB says that they will take U$ 600 from my next rent because of the refund to the guests!!!!!!!  

I have a STRICT POLICY CANCELLATION and they cannot do this!!!!!!!

WHAT Carla from Airbnb HAVE SENT TO ME ABOUT AIRBNB POLICY SAYS CLEARLY:   Guests has the right to receive the full refund ( In cases of illness....) and Host do NOT receive any penalty for the cancellation.

HOST MUST NOT RECEIVE ANY PENALTY FOR THE CANCELLATION that means that if AIRBNB takes the refund from my pocket it is giving me a penalty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not guilty for the illness of the familiar of Laura!!!!!!! So, you cannot take nor one dollar from my pocket!!!!!!

Please refund to me the full amount of the rent of my apatment  that  Laura Ashemberger reserved because when you told me that they will not come, on  19 June, I could not rent my apartment to any other person!!!!!!!!

I FULFILLED MY OBLIGATIONS AS HOST WITH THEM. i HAVE NOT ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF THEY DID NOT COME.

sO, IF AIRBNB GETS THE MONEY FROM MY NEXT RENT AIRBNB IS NOT COMPLYING WITH ITS OWN RULES!!!!!!!, and this will not end here. 

I EXPECT AIRBNB TO RETURN THE FULL AMOUNT OF THE RENT, THIS BEING THE ONLY FAIR ACTION OF AIRBNB to this respect. 

1 Reply 1
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi Marta - AirBnB don't monitor these chat rooms - it's just hosts (and guests) asking questions. You should contact AirBnB direct.

It sounds like your AirBnB has agreed that your guests have 'extenuating circumstances' which means it cancels out your strict cancellation policy. It's unfortunate but does happen from time to time.