how to get airbnb to withhold income tax?

Ginger69
Level 1
Davis, CA

how to get airbnb to withhold income tax?

I've read many posts by people where airbnb is withholding 28% of payout for US income taxes, and the solution is to add W-9 information on their account.

Mine is the opposite problem -- I want airbnb to withhold income tax on my behalf. I don't want to be surprised by a tax bill because of my airbnb earnings. 

I entered the W-9 information, but I would like to remove it so that airbnb will start withholding for me.  Is there a way to do that?

2 Replies 2
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

I've never heard of that. If your earnings are significant the usual procedure would be to pay estimated taxes quarterly.

Phyllis95
Level 1
South Pasadena, FL

So I've just set up my airbnb and am looking to make sure that all paperwork and irs documentation is in place.   Is it required to submit the W-9?  I agree that if you were making significant amounts of money, you would submit quarterly to the IRS.    We don't really work FOR airbnb - we pay them for their platform.  So do we get a statement from them at the end of the year of the money we've paid them - and is this a tax deduction??