guest star ratings not showing

Natalie303
Level 2
Margaret River, Australia

guest star ratings not showing

Suddenly, my guests star ratings are not showing. There is a message that pops up saying "Learn how to access guest star ratings", which then prompts me to change to instant book. But I'm already on instant book!? I clicked on it anyway and it still is not showing guest's star ratings.

So many glitches Airbnb! You collect a fortune in fees, how about putting more into tech?

12 Replies 12

@Natalie303      Did you cancel an IB reservation recently?    This happened to me after I canceled an IB guest who had only a non-working phone number as verification (contrary to my stated parameters).  Airbnb stating that IB activated accounts are allowed 3 penalty-free cancellations is disingenuous at best.  The  way this particular penalty manifests is that  IB is bypassed and you cannot see a guest's stars, every guest has to send an inquiry or reservation, but instead of making that clear you are sent in circles:  1. click to see the guest stars,  2. activate IB,  3. IB is already activated,  REPEAT: 1.-3 ad nauseam.

Natalie303
Level 2

Thanks for the info Ange. No I haven't cancelled a reservation recently..... Just a(nother) glitch I think!

Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Natalie303 

I have the exact same problem. I wonder if it is bc we have certain criteria for guests on instant book instead of allowing anyone and everyone. Please keep us posted if you get it fixed!

Natalie303
Level 2

Will do Emily!

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Natalie303 That was happening to me probably 8 months ago but then it worked itself out. Seems like the glitch has made its way to you now.

@Emilia42  How long did it last for you?  This is also happening to me.  It's been a few days now.  I am continuing to receive instant bookings but I can't see the ratings and get cued to turn on IB.  It's so frustrating. 

@JJ48

They are probably making some sort of update or adjustment. Instead of a smooth transition to a new format, we have to go through a few weeks of things being all screwed up. 

Melissa63
Level 3
Portland, OR

I saw this too and called Airbnb support to report it. They confirmed that it's already a known issue and are working on it, but if more hosts call and submit tickets it'll be placed higher on their priority list to get resolved. Please consider doing the same if you're an IB host and like seeing the breakout of stars when guests have less than 5-star reviews!

Natalie303
Level 2

Thanks Melissa. Yes I reported it yesterday and they are working on it....

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Natalie303 same here.

Natalie303
Level 2

Mine has been fixed! @Emily487 @JJ48 @Melissa63 @Lisa723  I hope yours is too?

Melissa63
Level 3
Portland, OR

Yes, just checked and mine is fixed too. Happy dance!