feedback

feedback

hi
I need some assistance regarding the last feedback I received .Firstly to provide context : - I had a horror show of a booking over the new year where the guests caused a lot of damage - ( resolved to some degree through air bnb resolution). I have 2 properties side by side that where booked by a large group over the new year . It emerged that one idiotic person in the group was responsible for much of the damage -and fortunately fessed up and paid for the damages. During this time I was away - but had put everything in place to ensure the properties were cleaned and well presented for the next incoming group I initially gave the person responsible for the booking where damage was incurred some very poor feedback - as youd expect- However given he was really diligent and efficient in addressing the issues, sincerely apologised - conceeded he had learnt a valuable lesson about coordinating group bookings and organised the compensation - I wrote to Air Bnb to suggest my feedback was withdrawn. He was relatively young (21) and the rather damning feedback I initially left -was his first - and would have gone a long way to restrict him gaining any future properties to rent . A rep from Air bnb called and upon their review of our conversation with him- agreed that - withdrawing my negative feedback was fair -and they thanked me for raising the issue with them and giving the young guy a chance. I then contacted him - to inform him and naturally he was gracious and grateful

To cap it off - the cleaning contractors I employed to clean each house - were obviously having a busy time keeping up with the summer demand and didnt report damages to me as agreed and did a very sub standard clean for the incoming guests. This was evident in messages I received from the guests in each of the two properties - In the case of the property next door - I had to get the boss of the cleaners to return to the house -to check and clean whilst the guest were there which was not good at all I also had to offer them a complementary free night - which in the peak of summer becomes expensive. The boss reported that the other house was fine- which clearly wasnt the case either.

To cut to the chase - Having worked very hard to renovate and present two really nice properties - I was let down by the cleaners
who just didnt prepare the properties for the incoming groups. So the first sentence of the feedback for the property in question - related to the poor cleaning and presentation. Since this time I havent received another booking for the Sacred Cows Property .

So I was writing in the hope that a community member could pass on my circumstances to an Air bnb operator ( since they are not accessible) and that the last feedback left at Sacred Cows could be removed. I feel that there are mitigating circumstances regarding feedback that should be reviewed- just like the situation where I gave a young guy the benefit of doubt and requested my feedback was removed so it wouldnt efect his potential to book future properties. I hope the same empathy can apply - as I am now concerned that the feedback I received from the incoming group that followed - left a poor impression - hence no bookings since. Whilst my response to the feedback indicated I had now sacked the cleaner- I dont think this carries much weight - which seems to be evident in no bookings since.

So if you someone can assist I would be grateful 

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Paul157

Not a nice situation to have found yourself in, and you were probably too generous to your 21 year old guest. However, even if you had not removed his review, you would still have had an issue with your cleaners. I think your response to what the guest posted was ok - professional but a bit cold - you should have apologiesed and said yes, there were issues which I immediately tried to remedy and we have changed our cleaners - thank you very much for your feedback and so glad you enjoyed your trip.

I also don;t think this is preventing you getting booking - it would not stop me booking your place at all - you have lovely reviews and people generally understand that there can be issues in any large properties from time to time. Is it just a quieter time of year?

I doubt that AirBnB would remove this comment from the guest, which is well balanced, as it is factual and accurate. You can try but they would need the guest to agree to this.

Good luck and I am sure it has not harmed your profile and bookings will return.

thanks for your reply

If  potentail guests read beyond the first sentence of a review you may be right

Unfortunately the proof lies in the fact that I havent receieved a booking for that property for the past 10 weeks 

which is very much down on last year -  

re comment in response to feedbac regarding the cleaners being cold-  I had already had dialogue with the guest regarding the cleaner and had apologised for their poor service - which at the time of the clean was all I could do being in Cambodia  The review didnt surface until a few weeks later so I was a little disappointed that the guest left this after we had subsequently spoken and I had apologised and explained the unusual circumstance 

As stated I hope Air Bnb will show some understanding as ultimately no one wins here- Ive already lost   bookings-  based on last year and Air BNB loses commission