did anyone get an invitation to a potluck for the West Valley hosts for 12/16?

did anyone get an invitation to a potluck for the West Valley hosts for 12/16?

I received several emails from Airbnb Long Beach, *sensitive information hidden* about a potluck on 12/16/19 at 7 PM.  I RSVP'ed and they sent me then they sent me the address*sensitive information hidden*  They also said to email*sensitive information hidden*the dish I was going to bring.  When I went to the house, no one answered the door although I could see lights on inside.  

Does anyone know about this?

Thanks, Michelle

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Michelle2145  Interesting. I received a very similar email about 9 months ago from someone in the nearest city to me, an hour away, for a host meet-up. The email was on Airbnb letterhead, but from an email address not Airbnb's and also ending in @splash.events. It also had a link to click (RSVP), which I didn't do- I messaged Airbnb, sent them a screenshot and ended up with someone from Trust and Safety, who confirmed that the email did not come from Airbnb. I have no idea how whoever sent it obtained my email address. Trust and Safety said they don't give out users' email addresses to people organizing host meetups. I think the links I and you received are phishing attempts.

You were smart, Sarah.  I usually don't fall for this stuff, but I hit the RSVP button.  Oh well, I learned something.