charging a guest after checkout

Jason961
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

charging a guest after checkout

I had a guest ask to stay an extra day at the last minute.  I instructed her to change the reservation and she claims she did.  I was busy so I went back to check on it later only to find she did not.  

I told her she still owed us money for the extra days and the extra guests.  SHe still claimed she updated through the app but it never took.

I want to bill her for extra guests and an extra day.  She has messaged me that she will pay.  How do I bill for this?

5 Replies 5
Andrea-and-Francis0
Level 10
Mississauga, Canada

Your best to call Airbnb Customer service as they deal with all the financials & they can get in contact with the guest & get your additional money 🙂

Jason961
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

i sent the request for money through the resolution center.  I will see what happens.  I am not sure how Airbnb would be ale to get the money if I can't.  then I will review her accordingly.  its only $105.  not the end of the world.  but annoying.

thanks!

Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

@Jason961You can follow @Andrea-and-Francis0 suggestion to call.

An alternative is to use the Request Money button on guest booking confirmation in the inbox. You enter the amount of one night charge and send to the guest. Guest will receive the message in the email and choose to accept it.

In the case when the guest does not reply within 72 hours, you can go to Resolution Center to click Involve Airbnb button. And a case manager will contact you.

@Andrea-and-Francis0  you can do this after they check out?  and I have been paid?

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jason961 Yes. And if this is written in the Airbnb app or otherwise but prior is best/m- Airbnb would naturally side with you! Good luck 🙂