changing the gender of whom I'll host

Elin2
Level 1
New York, NY

changing the gender of whom I'll host

Hi all! I want my listing to say "females only" but I have no idea how to make that change! Can anyone help??

4 Replies 4
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Until someone comes up with the answer, why not simply write it high up on your listing? On the first line even, will stop the rest with any luck since you don't have Instant Book.

I would also write a little about yourself in the profile page, and you can certainly mention it there.

Jeeds0
Level 2
Bundaberg, Australia

Hi Elin, apparently there is no way to do this in terms of the settings. What I have done is noted 'female only' clearly on my listings and I think a number of other hosts have done the same.

There was a discussion on an airbnb forum elsewhere regarding the legal aspects - whether it is 'discrimination'. I'm in Australia so it may not be the same for you. I decided that I was ok doing it because it's my home - I live here on site meaning it's not entire house that I rent out while I live elsewhere. And I have practical reasons for doing so. I mention this just in case you weren't aware that these matters gets discussed frequently and that legal aspects can vary from country to country.

It also came up here: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/New-Hosts/How-to-change-my-listing-so-it-is-female-only-guests/m-p/1...

Best wishes.

I also only want female guests, so just put it at the top of the page, and it's also further down for a reminder.  It doesn't seem to cause problems.  I've only had two men try and book, and I just referred them to the listing description and never heard anything again from them.

Emma163
Level 1
Lusaka, Zambia

Elin 

i am in the same position, as a single female I want to have the right to request females only in my home. And I believe quite strongly that Air BnB should allow us that option as an actual requirement at booking, instead of just allowing us to mention it in the description. I have refused many male bookings with profuse apologies that it's a female only household ( I have other females staying in my home that I need to look out for also). Our (the hosts) safety is not a discrimination topic it is a female safety topic.

Can AirBnB hear us on this please?

regards
Emma