cancelling a reservation

Holly276
Level 1
Brighton, United Kingdom

cancelling a reservation

Can anyone advise on what happens to you as a host if you cancel 4 months in advance but have a strict cancellation policy? Thanks!

2 Replies 2
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Holly276 I hope you are well.

Your cancellation policy is guest-facing, so doesn't have an effect on you as a host if you want to make a cancellation.

What happens to you depends on why you're cancelling- it's best to never cancel a confirmed reservation- it will effect your ranking and search position, and you'll have an automated review added to your profile stating you made a cancellation, which can put future guests off. As well as not being able to obtain superhost status and getting a financial penalty and having the cancelled dates blocked in your calendar so you can't re-book.

If there is an emergency situation, or similar you could ask Airbnb to cancel for you:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1320/what-if-i-need-to-cancel-because-of-an-emergency-or-unavo...

I would certainly think really carefully before taking any action and cancelling yourself.

Best wishes

Paul 🙂

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Holly276,

Welcome to the Community.

Paul is sharing some really helpful information here and I was wondering if you've had a chance to see it? 

Please let us know. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen