cancelling a reservation with a strict policy and then putting in new dates and a coupon as well?

Francesca18
Level 3
Brighton, United Kingdom

cancelling a reservation with a strict policy and then putting in new dates and a coupon as well?

I need to cancel a booking I made it was the wrong dates the policy is strict its still showing blocked off for me as I did not cancel it yet. I would like the host to revise their cancellation policy to flexible which they are doing done but its still not allowing me to go in and make a new booking for 2 nights and I want to apply a coupon while I am there so must cancel and start again..

4 Replies 4
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

You need to call Airbnb directly for this type of transaction.

The cancellation policy the host had in place when you booked is the policy that sticks, no matter what they change it to later.

Bob43
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Instead of cancelling your reservation, you might want to consider simply altering it. Both you and your host have this option to change dates for an excisting reservation. You could use your coupon for another stay.

Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

Go to the reservation confirmation page and on the lower left, there is an 'alter reservation' butoon which goes to the host who can confirm change...no harm, no foul. Maybe write him first that you need to do this.

Call AirBnB Directly

------

Source: [link hidden]