cancellation

Nataša7
Level 2
Zagreb, Croatia

cancellation

HI,

I have one problem,

my guest cancelled reservation. I have a strick cancellation policy and he got half of price back.

Now I am receiving mails from him and airbnb to refund him another half of money. He asked me that and he said,he sent some medical documentation which I didn t get , maybe to airbnb. And Airbnb send me mails where I can choose or to send him this other half off price or not or some other amount.

Do you know more about that matter?

THANK YOU.

6 Replies 6
Uwe25
Level 10
Cova da Piedade, Portugal

Hello  @Nataša7, you are at the German community and usually we get just questions in German from other hosts to inform them about rules, help and procedure from airbnb. As a Superhost I hade this kind of issue once.

It's up to you to refund the not refundable amount from a guest who canceled and didn't arrived. 

You can decline it without writing of reasons. You can offer a refund just if you get a new booking during this periode (for the new booked days).

If the reason of the cancelation is covered from airbnb with a doctor's letter, airbnb will refund directly to the guest all and you are not entitled for a payout.

You can find more details on the help center of you search about illness cancelation.

Happy hosting... 

Dear Uwe ,

thank you verry much for your explanation. 

I just don t know why the airbnb din t answer me on my mail like you did. I wrote them yesterdyy and today.

Thanks a lot!

Jarg0
Level 10
Bad Zwischenahn, Germany

@Nataša7

>>> I have a strick cancellation policy and he got half of price back

And that it is. No more money back.

its not your problem that the guest have no travel accident insurance.  The are cheap and can be ordered online.

The mails from ABB are standard mails they will send everytime a guest want money back, decline.

Thank you for your explanation.

Kind Regards

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Ich kann nur an alle meine Vermieterkollegen apellieren in so einem Fall keine zusätzlichen Gelder zurückzuerstatten. Jedes Mal wenn ein Vermieter auf diese Art und Weise Geld verschenkt verstärkt das bei den Gästen das Gefühl, daß unsere Stornobedingungen nichts wert sind. Im Ernstfall sind die Stornogebühren dann doch nicht zu bezahlen, alles ist verhandelbar.

Mit dieser Politik der Rückerstattung ohne Rechtsgrund verdirbt man die Gäste und schadet allen Kollegen.

Allen die solche Rückerstattungen machen schlage ich vor, in die Hausregeln folgende Punkte aufzunehmen:

• Payment: It is completely up to You to pay or not to pay.

• Nighly Rate: Your price is my price.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

This post has been moved from the german to the english CC.

Here we go again:

Hi @Nataša7 ,

I can only ask all fellow hosts not to refund any additional money in cases like this. Every time a host gives away money without obligation this promotes the idea in guests minds, that our cancallation policies are not going to be enforced, instead, everythig is negotiable.

This kind of behaviour ruins the guests expectations and causes damage to all the other hosts out there.

I suggest that everyone who considers to return money beyond the official cancellation policy, builds these 2 stipulations into the house roules:

• Payment: It is completely up to You to pay or not to pay.

• Nighly Rate: Your price is my price.