Won't let me leave a review

Donald120
Level 2
Woodstock, GA

Won't let me leave a review

Had to cancel my stay at a Chattanooga, TN house because the night of there was no heat and I was frozen throughout the night. I reached out to the hostess and she became aggressive over me asking to have heat on during my stay. I definitely wanted to leave a one stat review, especially since the room wasn't that clean and there was mold, but I can't find a way to do it. Can guests who cancel not leave reviews?

If not, how can I contact Airbnb directly to report her behavior? (I have chat pictures to prove how unstable she got over the heat issue)

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If the booking was cancelled within 24 hours of your planned check in, you should be able to leave a review, post your planned check out time @Donald120 

All of the ways of contacting airbnb are detailed in the CONTACT AIRBNB post towards the top of the forum you are posting in.

So I can't leave a review if I stayed three days then had to leave because of hostess' behavior?

@Donald120  You should receive a notification to leave a review within a day of your check-out date. Maybe it'll be the date when you were originally supposed to check out. Make sure you have notifications checked in your profile- a couple of them, in case one doesn't come through, i.e. email and text or push notifications.

Julie143
Level 10
Princeton, NJ

On what date was the original reservation supposed to end?

Normally you can’t leave a review until the check out time has passed.

Was the host sounding unstable in messages that were through the Airbnb message function? If so, you can go to those messages a flag them by finding the little flag icon and click it it.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Donald120 

you should be able to write a review if you canceled your stay and I don't know why you can't.  Have you got a review reminder from Airbnb ?

We just had a guest who booked for 8 nights ( he should still be staying at our place)  but he had to cancel his stay after 2 nights due to the family emergency.  We reviewed him the next day after his cancelation and he reviewed us and our reviews are already published.

Swati11
Level 2
Hoffman Estates, IL

It happened with me where Host send me abusive messages and hateful review. No actions took by Airbnb bcz that host is Superhost and good rating and reviews. I think you can go to the trip and report it by a flag across her name. Click for something else and it should take you to provide your feedback. Go to help in Airbnb app and describe your issue. Nothing much will happen on this as per my experience but id the host have negative reviews and low rating then might be possible but not sure. Check your emails if u gt a request to give review for one night stay.