Why was someone allowed to request booking for less then I charge?

Answered!

Why was someone allowed to request booking for less then I charge?

Our nightly fee for the summer and holidays shows on my Calandar as $125.00 per night. I had a guest send a request to book for labor day weekend for 2 nights, and the details showed it as 2 X $112.00. How does this happen and do I have to accept less then I offer?

1 Best Answer

Very nice Mike. I'm guessing you had it all figured out as a new host. Maybe you should try treating people the way you want to be treated.

View Best Answer in original post

14 Replies 14
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I see you have a variety of prices, some nights at $125, some at $99.

David

$99.00 if u look are non summer months. labor day seekend up north is still a big  deal n no price breaks.

Mike77
Level 10
Bend, OR

Set your minimum at $125, then no days will be less than that.  Duh.

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887

Very nice Mike. I'm guessing you had it all figured out as a new host. Maybe you should try treating people the way you want to be treated.

I did indeed figure out how to set my mimimum amount that I would accept.

😉

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887

As did I, but for some reason Airnbnb let they TRY an book for less.

Thank you, it is set as such. DUH!!!

Paul4
Level 10
Kiawah Island, SC

Not sure exactly how it happened. You do not have to accept less. You can explain it as an pricing error on the website and special offer them the price you want.  You have to be willing to accept the risk is that they will just move along.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Richard-and-Marsha0

Sounds like you have smart pricing turned on?

Not that i know of. ??

Nope, unless Airbnb did it with out our knowing.

Never heard of smart pricing until this. How would i turn something on i knew nothing about? How do imturn it off? Personally I think Airbnb makes these changes with notifying. One time my account switched to auto book, and i never turned that on either.

Just checked n my smart pricing is n was not turned on n never has been,

Valerie97
Level 1
Bokeelia, FL

Lately I have been having instant booking for 1/2 the price I have on line.  Then of coarse the guest is very unhappy and

doesn't understand why.  Neither do I.  I have a set price and then they book at a much lower rate.  Not a good practice!!