Why korean country can cancel it anytime and book it without any penalty

Nori2
Level 1
Honolulu, HI

Why korean country can cancel it anytime and book it without any penalty

Korean country people cancell all that time .. i never see other countries often cancel at all. They abused the rule and cancel anytime but we ended holding guests until the last minute and we dont have booking those days because it is too late.. pls address this issue they should have sort of penalty when they book it oversea and they cancel and the host has retrict policy does not matter. Often happens from korea.. so personally instanst booking also can cancel for free. So if the host csncel the people from korea then , we get penalitzed due to the cancaltiona and updated in our review.  I dont think it is fair .. can we have the new feature to have countries control that we prefer to book for certain countries? 

1 Reply 1
Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Nori2 

Korean bookings have their own Cancellation rule. Why it is like this I don't know.

However, Airbnb inform Hosts of special Korean circumstances with a message in a Reservation Request. [I don't do Instant Book, but I expect it's the same].

Airbnb message informs of this unique Korean situation and states that Hosts do not have to accept and will not be penalized for declining Korean bookings.

Consequently, it's unlikely Koreans 'abuse' the rule. They simply exercise their right to the rule! 

I get quite a few bookings from Koreans. I always hesitate when receiving this special message from Airbnb with Korean Reservation Request.

But to date I've accepted virtually all of them, and so far not one has Cancelled.

Maybe it's the luck of the draw.

However, I can only reiterate that I don't do Instant Book. It means I do all I can during Inquiry to satisfy myself of Guests reason for coming to London.