Why are my earnings so low

Jennie0
Level 2
Brisbane, Australia

Why are my earnings so low

I've just had my first booking and the expected earnings are much less than I expected.  The price was $56 for the night and when I confirmed the reservation it indicated I would earn $54. However now it's saying my earnings will be $16. What's happened?  Looking forward to receiving some advice!

7 Replies 7
Ann-and-Robin0
Level 2
Mollymook Beach, Australia

HI Jennie  just to confirm what is happening go to dashboard setting then click on account then on left hand side click on transaction history then on the top of that page is future transactions click in there and you will see a full breakdown of the booking buy clicking on the red lettered code number that is the Itenerary for that booking.

If you have the new listing set up working just mose over the guest picture move past the telephone and envelope and on the three dots click on view full Itenerary for the same result.

All i can suggest if it confirms the reduced amount of earnings contact AirB&B straight away .   

Australia+61 2 8520 3333

Thanks so much for this info!  Very useful...however, it leaves me with two issues:

- first is when I ring Airbnb I'm not getting past the point of it asking me to enter my phone number.  I'm entering the one that is in my profile but the automated message keeps coming back and telling me that this number is not recognized!  Any clues?

- second is that you mention something to do with 'new listing set up' where I can mouse over the guest picture ... how do I set that up please?

Ann-and-Robin0
Level 2
Mollymook Beach, Australia

I have no clues with the phone are you using area code NSW 02 etc profile number is the same number you get notifications on sorry i don't know what else to do.

second is the dashboard page has changed for us a few days ago it now shows us the day we have a booking with all the guests details in a new format this may not be universally available yet but so far I like it. You don't set it up it will just happen as do all the web site changes.

I have noticed in youre listing you are using the automatic pricing option this could be effecting youre prices I think most hosts don't use this option this could be why.

Hope this helps 🙂

Thanks again.  I appreciate your suggestion about the automatic pricing.  I thought I was doing the right thing following Airbnb's suggested pricing (although it does seem to be quite erratic!).  Given that most hosts don't use that system, I think I'll go back to my original pricing!

Will keep trying with contacting Airbnb!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jennie0   Hi there Jennie....Yes, what you are experiencing is just another litlle 'glitch' in the airbnb system. The whole platform appears to be under enormous pressure at the moment and appears to be falling apart at the seams, and it is to be hoped that Airbnb staff can get on top of some of these issues. Problems with the site are affecting a massive number of people on many different fronts at the moment!!!

Re one of your current problems! I can't offer advice on the incorrect payout figure, but the contact with Airbnb part...Exactly the same thing happens to me whenever I call Airbnb support in Sydney. The system asks me to enter the telephone number associated with my Airbnb account followed by the # key...right, that is exactly what your getting, isn't it?

It then tells you that, that phone number is not recognised and asks you to enter the correct phone number, followed once again by the hash key....we still right here aren't we! You are staring at the number in your account settings and it is the number, correct!

You enter exactly the same number, and again the system will tell you to try again. Jennie you must repeat this excercise 4 times and the system will then let you proceed to the help options.

I know this sounds stupid but Jennie, that is just the way it is. This whole platform has me seriously concerned to the point where I am going to snooze my listing until some sort of reliable expertise returns to sort out this entire mess that the Airbnb program has become! .....cheers....Rob

Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

@Jenny -
What a nice place you have listed. It maybe that you are discounting to much or you have a low price point in your listing somewhere. On the website (desktop) check you base price then look at what the discount is set on your weekly and monthly settings. Also, if you use the phone app, check your pricing there and on the calendar. Check all three settings and make them match.

Thanks for the compliment Linda.  The problem is not really related to the discounted price.  However, it's been suggested that I shouldn't be using the automatic pricing set by Airbnb, so I will change that!