Where can I send a letter to appeal - new host here

Michael-Caine0
Level 2
Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines

Where can I send a letter to appeal - new host here

Hello guys I'm michael caine a new host, I would like to send a letter to Airbnb that might help mi about my problem, this is my letter. Im hoping that someone could help me about this.

Good Day!

I am Michael Caine Avila from Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu Philippines, I am a new host for 1 month already. 

I have problems with my very second reservation, Guest reserved for 58 nights, instead of 30% off every month it turned out to be almost 98% off. We resolved this with Airbnb support I found out that the system put its own SPECIFI MONTHLY PRICE which I did not set up in the very first place and the booking was instantly confirmed. I don't have any idea what is going on with the reservation and we love to host this guest.

Now the guest agreed to cancel it or I will continue hosting him with the correct price its up to me. attached to this email is a screenshot of our conversation.

When I decided to cancel and resolve the issue, so I got a painful amount of cancellation fee and blocked the calendar for almost 2 months. 

My heart was devastated and feel so sad and hopeless that I am just a new host and 1 house only it was my second reservation and I haven't been given a second chance. please help me

In connection with this, I would like to appeal to your good office to unblock my calendar and I will pay the cancellation fee. swearing to be more careful about the reservation with these instant bookings. I just started my listing and wanted to earn and become a super host.

I'm hoping for you good response, thank you, and have a pleasant day!

Truthfully yours,

Michael Caine Avila111.PNG111.PNG
5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Michael-Caine0 sadly you went wrong when you cancelled the reservation as it automatically fines you and blocks the dates for future guests.

Try calling Airbnb and ask them to change the cancellation to a neutral one. Explain the issue was caused by the system putting in an incorrect monthly price. I know it does happen as I had a weekly price on our listing that I didn't put there. Thankfully in my case the guest was willing to cancel while we discovered what had happened.

thank you for your answer, yes I have no idea what was going on I've set up my pricing using the app, and when the issues happened they suggesting me to use the browser, not the Application when setting up details, then I found out that there were SPECIFIC MONTHLY PRICING which I really remember that it wasn't there in the first place and I never touch it only the monthly discount price.

I'm so worried and hopeless trying to contact the support team many attempts support agents said that they have nothing to do with it.

the next day, I'm so glad that I received a call from Airbnb considering my appeal didn't know which messages I sent they had read. Thanks to that thoughtful agent a lot it was my 2nd reservation and I'm just a new host trying to become a super host. 

thank you for the comment Mike_and_jane, really appreciate it.

@Michael-Caine0  Michael Caine! I loved you in "Get Carter."

I think if you're persistent enough with CS, you can eventually get your calendar unblocked. But I also recommend setting a much shorter maximum length of stay unless you intend to be a landlord rather than a host. Your listing would benefit from a solid firewall of positive reviews, and the fastest way to build that up is with a series of short stays. A 58 day booking would be shooting yourself in the foot.

Michael-Caine0
Level 2
Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines

thank you for that wonderful response @Anonymous , and thanks for the tips. Gladly They reached out the next day and They waived my penalties and unblocked my calendar, They do also apologize for what happened. after all I got a big sigh of relief, I should be more careful about my settings and use the website, not the app.

@Michael-Caine0 

Im happy for you it got sorted, may I suggest you do some studying about airbnb works you could get caught out again, we all make mistakes it can cost you money.

Dont assume everything on airbnb is correct you have to check often to things have not changed without you knowing,

Maybe go over to YT loads of video's there on how to be a successful host.

Be careful offering discounts and airbnb special promotions they all stack up,