When to file a claim

When to file a claim

I’m not sure how to handle this situation.    I received a couple of calls from my guests with questions about WiFi and operating the TV/Cable.    The guests was so pleasant on the phone.   Subsequently, I received a text that our washer would only operate on delicate. I reached out to my cleaning women to ask if she had difficulty with our washing machine.    She reported that the washer was working perfectly fine. The following day, I received a call from the front office telling us that we need to call a plumber that they sent a maintenance person to clear the clog, but our renters contacted them  again about a clogged toilet.     Prior to them arriving we hadn’t had plumbing issues and we have 7 people in our family same as the number of guests staying.   The renters checked out that day so the plumber was able to freely access our cottage.     The plumber called me after accessing and rectifying the problems.     He reported that there was a piece of clothing stuck in the washing machine and the toilet was extremely clogged.    He warned me that the cottage was a mess and that the bathroom was nasty.    It must of been bad for a plumber to have such an opinion.    Our plumber is familiar with my standards as our condo association requires the plumber to conduct periodic wellness  checks of the plumbing of all cottages.     My cleaning person took pictures sent me a list of all the issues she found.     Another owner recently told me that they left our cottage door open while they were here.    This is not something you’d do living in our area.   The cleaner reported the following.

Porcelain is significantly scratched on our toilet and the washer and dryer are also scratched significantly.

Sand in and on the washing machine.   Bathroom was “gross,”   Broken plunger, a bag of garbage in the front yard and overflow of rubbish in the kitchen that was not bagged.    Mud on the floor, stain on 1 of our quilts,   I could cont, but too much to mention.

i’m not sure how to proceed.

1 Reply 1
Jonathan6
Level 10
Mamaroneck, NY

What is the issue?  Contact the guests and advise them of the damage and excessive mess and that there will be a cost for cleanup/repair.  Do it through ABB so it is documented.  Make sure to submit the pictures of the damage and get bills.  That is what the ABB system is for.