What do you do for breakfasts?

Answered!
Moira22
Level 2
Londonderry, United Kingdom

What do you do for breakfasts?

I'm a host for 2years and first time to post  in the community. Just wondering what most hosts who do a breakfast do. Do the guests eat in your kitchen? Do you always be in there with them or do you do other things around the house. What foods do you leave out for them? I have been doing a sit down breakfast in a separate room with fruit, yoghurt, cereals, toast and they all look shocked at so much.I don't charge any more than anyone else in the area.  Just want a few ideas on how you cope. Thanks. I live alone so find have to do all the talking. 

1 Best Answer
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Tell me you do an Ulster fry, @Moira22. What a treat!

Meanwhile, it's no breakfast for my guests,  just the room w/Nespresso machine/kettle. 

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Moira22 

I have private rooms in a house and i do a beakfast for my guests. For me, i do as our tradition that we eat a brekfast in a setting room and i set with them. 

Thanks, 

Miloud

Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

@Moira22 

I also do breakfast. I have a small table in the guest area where I serve them. As I have three rooms there are times when everyone wants breakfast at about the same time then I serve them in our formal dining room that seats 10.  I like to bake so there is always fresh bread, fruit and a cooked egg as well as coffee or tea. I don't eat with them but occasionally join them with a cup of coffee. My prices are a bit higher than the other rooms in my area but my breakfasts are worth it. 🙂

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Moira22 I offer bread, jam & marmalade, butter, milk, cereal, tea, coffee and juice.

Guests prepare their own with the kettle and toaster in the guest suite.

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Moira22  I provide breakfast at the large table in our kitchen diner which leads out into the garden.  I rent out one double room so I never have more than 2 guests at a time.  I set out a selection of cereals, jams, marmalade, Marmite, juice, milk and fruit plus either toast or some small brioche rolls.  Now and then I buy croissants or something similar from our local bakery, but that can be quite expensive.  Once the guest are seated  I  ask whether they would like tea or coffee (including decaff or fruit teas), and once I have given them that I usually disappear.  Some of them like me to stay and chat and give them some ideas of places to visit or to help them with their travel around London and some prefer to be  left alone - it's just a case of reading their body language etc.  I do say in my listing description that I provide breakfast but some guests are still surprised - just means that they haven't bothered to read anything!

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Tell me you do an Ulster fry, @Moira22. What a treat!

Meanwhile, it's no breakfast for my guests,  just the room w/Nespresso machine/kettle. 

@Moira22 

We don't provide breakfast, or any type of food or meals to guests. We do have coffee and a variety of teas. Henry and I both work full time and don't keep regular meal times, so it would be a complete nuisance to have to worry about guest meals.  

Susan1404
Level 10
Covington, GA

I don't do any prepared breakfasts.  My airbnb is a separate space from where I live and it would never work for me to have to enter their cabin to prepare a breakfast.  Also, I would have to subject my kitchen to inspections from the health department, and I definitely don't need that kind of worry.  I do leave pre-packaged snacks as well as microwave oatmeal packets.  There is a coffee maker in their kitchen and they can prepare anything they want to cook as long as they bring in the groceries themselves.