Weather cancelations

Barry105
Level 3
Medellín, Colombia

Weather cancelations

Our two cents.  

We  understand Mother Nature happens.  But it hurts us so bad when we are holding the bag due to this.  Airbnb doesn’t get hurt.  Client submitted a cnn report for 3 days past the hurricane and receives a 100% refund.  So we are empty now.  Why can’t they opt into insurance ?  We’ve willing to pay into a policy.  We figured being super strict 60 no cancelations would be accepted.  We pay a extra 1% for that to Airbnb.  This doesn’t cover.  We aren’t horrible. We understand. But Airbnb is allowing for to many days past the hurricane for full refunds. We are asking for some kind of insurance against this and we understand it costs.  

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Barry105   I guess as a business owner I expect that I will not get 100% of potential business for many different reasons.  I wouldn't expect a booking platform to absorb my business loss.  I agree it would be great if there some sort of group insurance that we as hosts can pay for and control.  

Barry105
Level 3
Medellín, Colombia

But hold on. Someone books. Locks your calendar.  You can’t rent to anyone else. You pay a premium of a extra 1% to be non refundable already.  You  get a email saying sorry the reservation you have in 3 days is being refunded. We aren’t taking the hit. Or the booker. But we expect you to?   Insurance should be a option vs Mother Nature.  We are willing to pay or ask booker if he wants to purchase insurance and if he doesn’t then this isn’t covered. Doesn’t that seem fair ?