Unintended Booking

Robert848
Level 1
Exeter, United Kingdom

Unintended Booking

Hi all.  So I expressed an interest in a house a couple of weeks ago - and I got sent a recipt for a booking, which I hadn't paid for.  As it happens we were happy to book.  Today I shopped around, found a room I wanted and booked it - at Air bnb's suggestion I sent an automated message to other places I had been looking at to let them know I had found another place.  I then got an email to say I had made a request to book and did I really want to as they had recieved my "thanks, but not this time..." message.

This is worrying.  I've used AIr bnb for a couple of years and never had any problems with unintended bookings - it isn't me...Any similar experiences?

1 Reply 1
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

When you make a booking enquiry, a host will accept or decline, you can then choose if you want to go ahead or not. When you send a booking request, the host will accept or decline but the second they hit the accept button, the booking goes ahead.

As hosts we have to accept or decline in a timeframe, and we are keener to accept than to decline. Always best to make enquiries rather than requests, if you want to leave things open for a bit. Hope this helps.