Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing

Answered!
Priya7
Level 1
Bellevue, WA

Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing

I have been trying to making a booking since yesterday. I started seeing this error "Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing maintenance or your connection may have timed out. Please try again."

Please help!

1 Best Answer
David6594
Level 2
Seattle, WA

I ran into the same problem and it drove me crazy for a while. I finally solved the problem by turning off WI-FI on my phone, logging out of air bnb app and logging back in. the problem was that the WI-FI network was unsecured and the air bnb app would not authenticate the connection. By forcing my phone to use cellular data, it was able to make a secure connection and all the problems went away.

View Best Answer in original post

49 Replies 49
Heba33
Level 1
Cairo, Egypt

hello I have been trying to making a booking since yesterday. I started seeing this error "Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing maintenance or your connection may have timed out. Please try again."

Please help!

Lisa7170
Level 2
Houston, TX

I have the same issue. Tried several credit cards and none of it seems to work. Tried from my phone (logged in and out of wifi), and from laptop on two different browsers. I cannot add another ID because I just stayed at an Airbnb last week and you cannot remove it until 90 days after your most recent reservation. I am trying to use gift cards to pay so maybe that's causing the issue?? I don't know what else to do.

same issue here. Tried wifi/cellar, laptop, app, none of these worked. Airbnb support is clueless. 

SAME!!

I’m having the same issue.  Tried two devices, clearing cache, logging out, uninstalling app.  They’ve even had me call my bank who says they know this is an AirBnB problem and they get these calls often.  I need help please.  A7BC884B-8A06-4D7F-912E-BFF6A219F80B.jpeg