Unable to edit listing. I mean, seriously?

Erik14
Level 2
Rhode Island, United States

Unable to edit listing. I mean, seriously?

So, I've nearly completed my listing but I'd like to change a bunch of things in the extended part of the description.  So, where is that hidden, er, ah, kept?  The offical help topic on this is of no help whatsoever.   I've spent well over an hour on this and, man, are my kernals frosted.  Attached is a pic (now deleted) of the screen A wants me to go to find a way to edit things like interaction with guests and guest access and about the neighborhood.  Infuriatingly, the only thing I can currently do is edit the brief decription.

And please don't tell me to clear my cache and stuff like that.  Been there, done that, to no avail.  I'm using chrome but I've also tried other browsers  with, once again, no luck.  Sigh.

9 Replies 9
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

Hi @Erik14 you need to publish your listing first. You can then go back into it to add info and edit the parts you want to change.

Erik14
Level 2

Thank you.  Now, please give me a link to the Airbnb page that tells me about this.  I would like to read up on it myself.

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/473/how-do-i-edit-my-listing

"Some of your editing options (for example: calendar, reservation settings, and pricing) won't appear until you've finished listing your space."

Erik14
Level 2

I appreciate your quick responses.  But, boy, that quote goes a long way toward no being helpful to anyone whatsoever at all.  Definitely needs someone to flesh it out and make it complete.  So obtuse.

I hope the rest of my experience with the ABB site isn't as underwhelming as it has been recently.  Sheesh.

Jan62
Level 2
Tasman, New Zealand

Hi did you manage to publish your listing mine just spins for hours,

Erik, did that actually work for you?  Because my listing is published but I still can't edit whole sections of my listing.  I share your utter frustration with airbnb's lack of help on this...

Erik14
Level 2

Yes, I was able to publish and edit as I wanted.  There are still many hidden features, to put it nicely, that in its wisdom ABB has apparently decided to not make obvious.  Man, what a screwy hairbrained site those geniuses have concocted!

Betsy: to get to editing the whole thing, after publishing, I went to calendar view and then brought my cursor to the left side of the screen, to hover it there, and out slides the rest of the stuff for you to choose from.  Most of the written stuff can be found at the bottom of that list, under "detailed description."

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the tip!  It's still only giving me the option to edit the summary description, instead of the entire description.  Very frustrating.

Hoekie0
Level 1
Paternoster, South Africa

I am really frustrated with updating information. I now have new photos of my rooms. Unable to delete the old ones and add new ones. The help options do not appear on my screen