Truth important or Getting good review is important

Sam3313
Level 2
Otago, New Zealand

Truth important or Getting good review is important

Recently we had a couple from Australia. No reviews on the account, looks like the 1st timer. We accepted the  reservation. No communication what’s so ever. Sent outThey arrived an hour and half early, again without any prior arrangement. That’s fine we usually let guest in early anyway.
when they checked out. We found food on bed. Towel missing and cigarette smell in the bathroom&toilet.

I know I’m gonna get bad feedback if I ask for the towel, but do we just suck it up? Guest refused to pay for the towel and also hostile feedback placed. Also, requested for $54 refund, because we did not provide kitchen. (We have clearly listed in room details no kitten has in the property, only motel setup room eg. Fridge &microwave) I just found the whole thing is ridiculous. 

you suck it up and you get at least 4 stars. Like me takes it up to guest this time and I got 1star + hostile bad feedback. 

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sam3313 

Putting claims on a guest mostly will lead to bad review/low rating. 

If it is not large claim sometimes it is better to suck it up.

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Sam3313 

Yes, that's how the system is set up, and that's why (well, one of the reasons why) the Airbnb review and ratings system has zero integrity or credibility. 

As for your poor review - you have a very strong case to have it removed. It's in direct violation of Airbnb's Content Policy as the entire review mentions details of a dispute between host and guest, that resulted in Airbnb intervention. 

The clause you need to quote when you call Airbnb to have the review removed is this one (and It's the one clause in the entire policy that they invariably will act on)

The following content is never allowed on Airbnb.. 

• Content that provides specific details       or outcomes of an Airbnb investigation

They may or may not remove the star rating too (it can be done, but many CX agents will insist that it can't), so it's up to you whether you want to fight your corner on that also. Best of luck! 

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. It’s very helpful. I’ll give it a go today. Hopefully they’ll understand and remove the negative feedback 

this is what I get at the end. They refused to remove the review. Also claim that is freedom of speech. What can I say. I laughed!! 

(here is the reply)

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective.

After gathering and carefully reviewing all related documentation, we decided that we are upholding our previous decision regarding the review because it does violate our content policy.

We consider this decision final and irrevocable. We are now tagging this concern as resolved for now, and again, we hope that this single review does not discourage you from continuing to do your exceptional job as a host.

Best regards,

Sam3313
Level 2
Otago, New Zealand

8AE23B85-596C-499A-BA2F-79BC791BE979.jpeg

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Sam3313  the tone we use to ask for missing things or money for damaged items is always nice so we don't provoke anger. Our guests usually ignore us or give us some excuses so we either suck it up or file a damage claim. In such cases, we usually get no review at all.