Three or seven day reservations

Michael34
Level 2
Westenschouwen, Netherlands

Three or seven day reservations

Out of season in past have a three day booking starting Friday to Monday (weekend), midweek booking starting Monday to Friday or a seven day booking starting Friday. In season have Friday-Friday bookings. on Airbnb I can set up minimum stays but then if somone wants say 10 days can book but need booking to increase by 7 days. Is this possible? Thanks for any assistance. 

7 Replies 7
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Hi @Michael34, I see no one has answered your question yet, and I'm not sure I can.  If I understand your question, if you have a minimum night stay requirement of 7 days and someone wants 10, they shouldn't have any problem as they have met your minimum.  Did I understand your question correctly?

Michael34
Level 2

Hi @Clare0 - Thanks for answer. No it is not the minimum stay only, it is also the changeoer day(s). Say for seven days is it has to be in blocks of 7 so always a Friday changeover. In season would be 7, 14, 21 days. Out of season have weekend (Fri-Mon) or midweek (Mon-Fri). So consitency is check in/out days of Monday's or Fridays, with minimum of 3 or 7-nights depending on season. If a midweek wants to come 3-nights that is OK as cleaning is done on Mondays and Fridays. Also in this area a Friday is standard changeover day in season. 

@Michael34 my best advice to you would be to contact Airbnb since, as a host, I don't have these circumstances.  My neighbor does have a feature saying she only accepts check-ins on Fridays, but I don't know how she got that in the system.  I've found that contacting ABB on twitter @Airbnbhelp is the most effective way to get answers in a timely manner.  When you get the answers, please post them so we all know!

Michael34
Level 2

@Clare0 Thanks. I got hold of  @Airbnbhelp and they said that  "unfortunately we don't have a setting that allows you to set a required check-in day of the week at this point. You can leave a note about this requirement in your listing description at this point." 

Fom another posting says can do it if set each period in the 'Add another reuirement' box. but unless you put min/max at 7-days I cant see how it will work and then you limit guests to one week -as described in this post about 7, 14, 21 days.  All a bit boring really as can't set up instant book otherwise could land up with orphan days. 

Maybe you can ask how your neighbour set up the feature /workaround? Perhaps it is a just a note in the listing description. 

No, it is on her calendar.  Go to where she says "Add your travel dates.." and browse the mid-week days.  Here's her listing: 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3037130

Is this what you are looking for?

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Just found this:  Go to your calendar and check "settings".  Down at the bottom in small print it says: "Add a requirement for seasons or weekends".  This is how Kathy did it I believe.  Will this help you?

Michael34
Level 2

Hi @Clare0 I have that but as with the link you sent I can book for Tues arrival minimum 3-days. If I book for 8-days it allows you to pass the following Tuesday (as more than 3 night stay) but then you have an issue of trying to book on a non arrival day (Wednesday) so these days /part week are 'trapped'. I have looked on some other rental sites and it is either set up or not so only thing to do is to mention Firday to Friday (7, 14, 21)  in high season. Else offer a high rate 3/day minimum (year round) but with a good discount for 7-days. Hopefully Airbnb will make a note on what HomeAway (now part of Expedia) offer in not to distant future.