Terrible airbnb experience.

Terrible airbnb experience.

Hi guys,

I will need advice on this crazy one.

I'm on holiday with my Family in Melbourne. We checked into this gorgeous "old" property in Kilsyth South at about 3 pm and couldn't find any keys (the host kept the place open for us to check in easily!). I rang him to enquire about keys, only to be aghast when he said the property had not been locked for more than 20yrs (his exact words).  He reckoned it was ok with his previous guest but he did not advertise the property as such! I honestly thought I was being pranked!. I managed to keep my cool and pleaded for him to make urgent alternative arrangements like locking up 2 entries and giving us access keys to only the front door but he stated he was >200km away from Melbourne and couldn't do anything until 2 days time (weekday Monday). 

I expressed my disappointment and we checked out and thankfully found another property in Doncaster (paying an extra $1200) for the 8 days booking.

I have applied for refunds but Airbnb seems to be struggling to communicate with him and asking me for documents to process my claims. It's early days and this happened last week...(going back to NSW in tomorrow). 

3 Replies 3
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Timothy483 Probably an old farmer type, lots of country people are always home and anyone coming and going is easily seen and they have dogs ,so they simply have no time for keys ,but I imagine he needs to change a few locks pronto . I am sure your refund will become available . Sorry had to laugh. Kilsyth would have been a three dog night  H

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Timothy483 

Did you manage to get the refund sorted out?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Yes, paid in full. Thanks to airbnb!