Tax collection

Robert1427
Level 2
Maple Ridge, Canada

Tax collection

In Canada (BC) , is Air Bnb collecting the correct tax?  5% GST, 8% PST in BC and 3% for resort tax (Sun Peaks) I have reached out to Air BnB with no answer as yet. 

This is my first year with Air BnB, with VRBO we the owner set the tax and its paid to us then we remit. 

Thanks

Rob

2 Replies 2
Charlene109
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

Hi Robert,

Somewhere in the Airbnb website you can find out whether Airbnb is already paying the taxes for you. I know that they are for us here in San Antonio, TX. I'm looking for more info about that now that San Antonio is requiring us to get permits for Short Term Rentals - I'm in the process for that. Sorry I don't remember off-hand where to tell you to find it. Have you called them directly? Here's a help line number for them: (855) 424-7262

Charlene

Jackie49
Level 2
Kure Beach, NC

I got a notice from my local tax office that no taxes on my rental had been paid, however AirbnB has been collecting taxes with each reservation.

Has anyone had a similiar problem? I called airbnb and all they referred me to was the individual accounting of how much was collected. Nothing on when it was paid or who it was paid to.