Suspended account, I haven’t been support or backup by Airbnb.

Manuel710
Level 2
Miami, FL

Suspended account, I haven’t been support or backup by Airbnb.

Hello everyone in here this is an urgent matter to me…!

Im going through a really tough situation right now where I haven’t been support or backup by Airbnb.
Here the situation:
I had a guest that book one of my shared listings for 12 days, and on day 10 at 10:30pm she was requesting a full refund because so many issues that she decided to expressed after 10 days. To begin with she came from Ohio to south Miami to get a plastic surgery, which she did and apparently she was released by her doctor and there is where everything started, in order to get 100 percent refund she claimed that she caught Covid at our listing which it was false because I ask her to provide me a positive test resulted and also requested her and her partner along with all the people on the listing to test them with a rapid test that we provide them and they refused it, she withdraw the requested because she new she was mitigating and open a new claim saying that she was hit by us and it was another lie because we have record cameras where we were talking with her partner and you can clearly hear when he said that first she didn’t have Covid neither physical aggression were involved, I had to call the police and make a report because they were trying us to get physical and we had to dialed 911. And last but no least she claimed discrimination saying that she was called B….ch and Ni..ga to her boyfriend who happen to be a minority like us. It happened to be that Airbnb after that they suspended our listing where she stayed at and then two days after they close the case and reopen our listing because the found that we were telling the true. It a week later the guest call again and Airbnb with taking a resolution decided to supe s our 21 LISTINGS, and today is the day 17 after the incident and we are still suspended and they are “ investigating “ we call everyday 4-9 times a day to get an answer and their response is “ THAT THEY WERE TRYING TO CONTACT US AND THE CALL HOES IN BLANK” we are two hosts with 2 existing working numbers on file and from the same phones we contact the customer support everyday and we do get in touch with then mmm but the SAFETY DEPARTMENT which is the one handling the case . We do receive automatics messages three times a week with the same message. If anyone here have and idea how we can contact the safety department please help us out. Over two weeks with our 21 listing suspended without taking a decision is not fair. We have been hosting over 4 years and we have a clean reputation in our business so our personal lives.

It is really frustrated that we have been calling everyday and we do not have any response or clarity in this matter. We have been Aldo begging them to contact us and replied them to every single message besides all the messages That we send every single day and there is still no answer from them.

23 Replies 23

@Gwen386 @Quincy 

I wanted to remain as professional as possible. And I keep the same with my guests. The only reason he would write me a biased review because I inquired him about the additional guests and that too over the app messaging. If a logical person would review the chat history between the guest he/she can easily reach to the conclusion on what’s going on here. In my 2 years of doing Airbnb this is a first. Where I am not at fault and Being penalized for it. 

H

@Huma0 @Thank you for your response really appreciate it.

H
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@H71 

It sounds like the guest brought extra, unregistered people and, although you accommodated this to a certain extent, you called him out on it and he retaliated? 

Yeah that’s what happened and I was polite, not that I lashed on to him. I just told him he should have atleast mentioned it when I specifically asked him . On top of that he left the place messy.

H

I believe that’s exactly what happened here because the same thing happened to me.

Evelyn836
Level 2
Kissimmee, FL

Im so sorry. I feel you. I’m going through a similar situation, I’m a new host I have 4.5 ️ trying to become a super host but my listing was suspended 3 days ago and Airbnb not even contact me to let me know why it was suspended,  like I don’t have the right to know. I contacted Airbnb they said a ticket was issued.someone complaining and they will call me tomorrow to talk about the matter. I feel that plataforma is no helping host. I wait until tomorrow and see what was the reason that they suspended my listing. But right now just feel to take my house of Airbnb. Hope you can solve the problems. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Evelyn836 

It looks like your listing has been suspended because you have a 4 star rating. Did you have a problem with your last guest? Did they make any complaints about your listing?

I really hope this gets resolved for you. I am new to Airbnb and a super host. I currently having thoughts of leaving Airbnb due to recent notices I received from the city to only host for 31 days . I have 2 and was going on my 3rd listing and at this point it’s not making any sense as I’m not getting any bookings for these number of days. Is anyone going through this predicament? 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Bisi11 

When you start up your short term rental business it's always wise to check if there are any regulations in your area regarding restrictions.  Then you can do your market research to identify whether in your case there is a market for 30 plus rentals before you decide to start up.

Have you checked with other hosts in your area to understand how they market their short term rentals?

This is not about whether you list on Airbnb you still need to comply with any local regulations whichever platform you use.