Supposed to check in today but host says the boiler is broken - can't find alternative accomodation

Triin10
Level 2
Wales, United Kingdom

Supposed to check in today but host says the boiler is broken - can't find alternative accomodation

I booked a room weeks ago and I am supposed to check in today. However the host has just informed me that the boiler is broken so there is no heating or hot water. Since this was booked for a cheap price there are no alternatives with such short notice in my price range. Airbnb says they can only give me a refund but this is no help really as I can't afford the alternative last minute prices. What can I do??

2 Replies 2
Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Triin10 

i am so sorry. Is there no way the host can buy come portable heating systems (electronic Ones) - i think it’s a fairly easy problem to solve temporarily but would obviously need more insight. 
Yadira 🙂

David3267
Level 10
Torquay, United Kingdom

Unfortunately these things happen. If they cannot concur a heating engineer up to sort the problem (& they are usually hard to find) is there anyway you could be flexible? Water can be boiled, there are usually showers at a local sports centre. If not then I think, unfortunately, you'll have to make do with the refund.