Support does not help a Superhost that got threats out of the chat?

Abi4
Level 2
Lucerne, Switzerland

Support does not help a Superhost that got threats out of the chat?

I had a guest threatening me in person, including personal threat and bad-review threat. One of these that think they will win a discounted/free stay/meal/entry if they so just make enough trouble.

When she called the support in the first night they declined her request, and I was reporting her without canceling the stay (Superhost after all).

It is the second time this behavior from a guest is happening to me, last time support said I can call to cancel the review (before it public or I am answering). Since a week I am trying to reach the support help. They say "a manager will call you" and never does for 3 days. When I call they say 'we will consider it and update you' and never do so. I am used to this support level when I was a guest, but as a superhost? Seriously?

I have lost maybe 100$ worth of my time just dealing willthis issue... And counting.

Life is sometimes a bit more complicated to fit to the black-and-white rules of the platform, why is it so hard to get support? I am starting to lose faith in the platform and in people and not feel safe to keep hosting people.

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Abi4   All the reports I've read here on the forums seem to indicate that Airbnb never phones back, even though they say they will. I never phone them with an issue- I always use the chat message function and usually get a pretty speedy reply, albeit sometimes the CS person on the other end just sends back some cut and paste reply the first time, irrelevant to my issue and I have to message with them several times to get my point across and a proper response. Sometimes the CS rep is great and solves the issue easily.

And contacting them on Twitter is reported to get the best results.