Superhost status review claiming wrong stats and...

Matt502
Level 2
Franklin, TN

Superhost status review claiming wrong stats and...

This is my first time in the community forum posting. So definite newbie!!! I opened my airbnb in October of 2018 and have had solid 5 star reviews with a great booking rate. My wife and I work really hard to get superhost status. I have had a few people who write really kind reviews in our guest book and then dont do it online! I have written a review for every single guest we have had. I dont understand why my superhost standing would be in jeopardy as I cant force guests to do anything. I do have a much higher rate than what airbnb is claiming in an email tonight as well. Frustraiting.

18 Replies 18

I am having same problem tonight we have 90% reviews all 5 star and it’s saying we have only 10% reviews and in jeopardy of losing super host status 

Matt502
Level 2
Franklin, TN

Must be a glitch! Glad to know thanks!!

I'm seeing the same issue right now, 18 of 19 guests this year have reviewed us all with 5 stars but in the Review panel it says we have to work on reviews because we're only at 11%. Has anyone resolved this issue or talked to anyone at Airbnb yet? Thanks!

I saw after I posted a week ago that they were aware of the glitch.. obviously many of us affected.

Jeanne240
Level 3
Rabat, Morocco

I have the same problem.

63 reservations

52 reviews

they told me I have an average of 32% reviews instead of 80%.

i have really worked so hard this year to satisfy all my guests and I’m really disappointed.

I recently joined Air b n b in April but started my bookings in May. Between May and the end of June I have had 12 bookings and only received 5 reviews all of which have been 5 star ratings, so within the first month I got my basic host badge and I was one mark from getting my super host mark which has disappeared, back too basic why???

i also would like to know why our guests are not made to leave us host a review as we are requested too when they vacate our accommodation.

Air b n b you need to sort this....

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Kathy538 🙂

One of the requirements for becoming or staying a superhost is to have at least 50% of your guests reviewing you. Did you have any guests leaving within the last 14 days? Then hurry up and write to them asking them politely to leave you a review otherwise you will miss the superhost status this time. Next superhost evaluation is Oktober 1st.

Airbnb also asks guests to review and sent reminders. But still guests don't always review. 

Kind regards Sandra 

Hi Sandra

Thank you for your prompt reply, but as I didn’t start my bookings until May 2019, my 3 month review should be at the end of July and not June.

i do request my guests to leave a review, but can’t make them, unlike Air b n b request that us hosts leave one for our guests.

Hi @Kathy538 🙂

It doesn't matter when you started to host. The evaluation date is every quarter for everyone. So July 1st, October 1st, Jan. 1st, April. 1st. If you have met the requirements you will get the superhost badge. 

You can see the requirements and in which areas you might be lacking on your profile under stats. press the Superhost icon. 

If you have asked your guests to please review you and they haven't then there is not much you can do but wait till the next evaluation period is over in October.

All guests got 14 days from when they checked out to review a stay. That is also why that even if the cut of date is July 1st then anyone who stayed before the cut of (July 1st.) should be able to review and the badge is not released until (sometimes) July 14th. That is also why I mentioned that if you had any guests that just left and because you just need one more guest review to have at least 50% to hurry up and write to the guest :-). 

Best, Sandra 

Lyn3
Level 10
Mapleton, Australia

@Kathy538 

Hi Kathy, Airbnb does actually email the guest after they check out, asking them to review their stay. At the same time, they email the host asking that the guest be reviewed. The guest as well as the host will receive a couple more such prompts to review over the following two weeks. If one side reviews, the other will be let know, but cannot read the review until both sides have submitted reviews. After two weeks, if only one side has reviewed, it will become public.

@Kathy538  You aren't required, as a host, to leave a review for your guests. Neither are guests. But both hosts and guests are sent reminders to leave a review. The disturbing part is Airbnb rating us on how many of our guests leave us reviews, as we can't force a guest to leave a review. But there are ways of encouraging your guests to leave a review, from letting them know that you are actually rated on the % of guests who review your listing, to sending them a polite and gentle reminder yourself if you don't see they've left a review by day 12 or so.

I do all that and still get no response sometimes.. can’t force people. I do think Airbnb should rate you on your efforts to leave a response whether they do or not and factor it in when they do...

@Matt502  It's quite absurd that they rate us on something we have no control over. I'd have no problem on being rated on the % of reviews I leave for guests, but rating me on someone else's behavior makes zero sense. 

Exactly... we do everything possible to ask.. and still some of the crowd is just too busy...to take 2 minutes and spread kindness..( unless it’s complaining and then they have all day! LOL!!!) oh well