Super slow bookings in New Haven, CT

Jennifer681
Level 3
New Haven, CT

Super slow bookings in New Haven, CT

We had this issue once before. All of a sudden we just stopped getting bookings. Usually my phone is buzzing off the hook with inquiries and new bookings. So far for the month of September we have only bookings on the weekends which is really unusual. We’ve lowered our prices to almost half And we still aren’t getting any bookings. We have a 4.8+ star rating across all four of our properties. Is anybody else experiencing a massive slow down? Like I said, we had this issue once before we’re all of a sudden we just stopped getting bookings. It had something to do with Airbnb‘s algorithm. Somehow we were able to get through it. Why does Airbnb do this to their hosts? We have a new listing as of June 2022 and that on is just as slow as our oldest listing that is many years old. Usually booking is consistent even when lead time was only a week or so due to Covid and all the travel issues and gas prices etc. 

Does anyone have suggestions on how to get around this slow down which seems to be implemented by Airbnb for certain host? Or is everybody slow? Thank you in advance!

3 Replies 3
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Jennifer681 

Have you received any bookings since posting this?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

We too slowed down to NO BOOKINGS FOR THE PAST MONTH!, Normally we are busy this time of year until the end of the year. I think it's the Summer Release and the Split stay, both are jokes. We are both Airbnb Plus & Superhosts(that is up till a few days ago because we aren't getting bookings) It may be time to jump the ship called Airbnb.

ship.JPG

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Jennifer681 @Matt-and-Tatiana0 

Watch this video might be some useful tips for you, 

I changed a few things myself

https://bit.ly/3yjJ7Yc