Starting out and getting bookings. Not happening. Need Advise

Lori71
Level 2
Everett, WA

Starting out and getting bookings. Not happening. Need Advise

We listed our rooms on airbnb almost 2 months ago and have had only two people respond. One booked other chose not too. Reading posts from other it seem other people get more hits. Our prices are competitive, we are waterfront with beach access etc.

10 Replies 10
Ira4
Level 10
Athens, Greece

@Lori71 hello!

When I open your profile, I see two listings for the same house. Why is that? Do you offer two different rooms? 

I am asking because I am trying to understand which the problem may be. 

In this thread, you will find how to Contact Airbnb!

If you want to see my listings, here they are:

Diamond Home 1

Diamond Home 2

Diamond Penthouse

Yes, we have two different rooms.

@Lori71  Hi there, My two cents.  Beautiful views!  But, try changing the order of the photos.  My impression of your photo gallery was that of taking a tour of your home and neighborhood, which does look fantastic, but, as a guest I would want to know first up where I was sleeping, images of the bathroom, the proximity to the beach as seen in the aerial view and the deck for relaxing with the fabulous water views. I had to scroll through almost to the end of a great many photos to see any of this.  Also, if you can, some wide-angle shots of the room would be good, in my opinion all the close-ups give the impression that the room is super small and crowded. Also do you need so many photos?   Is everything you have photos of available for the guests to use?  Hope that helps. Good luck!

Great advise. Thank you.  We are actually redecorating both rooms and will have them done this weekend. In meantime, I will redo my photos, etc.

Angela340
Level 1
Dublin, Ireland

hi

I have just signed up to airbnb ,sorry but i dont understand,is there a list i can look up to take guest in my home,or do i have to wait till they get in touch with me.

kind Regards

angela

@Angela340You have to wait until they get in touch will you. Since you are new, AirBnB will prioritize your listing. You can read threads here and elsewhere about how to make your space and the listing more appealing so when potential guests see your listing, they are more apt to book.

Many people start out with a lower price then they ideally want in order to get bookings and reviews. The lower price helps compensate guests for taking a risk on a new, unreviewed AirBnB. After you are favorably reviewed raise your price to reflect market rates, based on your desire occupancy rate.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Lori71

A couple of things - you haven't filled in any information on your profiles. Profiles instil trust fill in some information about yourself and why you're hosting.

One of your listing has the dates blocked off for the next three months so people aren't able to book and it will push you down the listing.

Your quiet times are quite early and would put me off as a guest.

Thank you for your reply. I am going to do my profile. That was an oops.  The 3 months are blocked for a business traveler who did book those dates. We have the 2nd room which is open and will be adding a 3rd room soon.

Rosemary18
Level 5
Madison, VA

Hi, I noticed you are wearing sunglasses in your photo ID. A photo ID is a photo ID and I would suggest having another picture without the shades. I have been a host for over 2 years now and have learned to accept clear photo ID pictures only. It's all about safety. I had one guest that was not the guy in the picture at all and when I asked him about he said it was a friend making a joke. Many people take selfies and only show half of their faces. I ask them for clear shots. One person's photo ID was two toddlers walking along the beach !

Precious but a No No.

Welcome to hosting !

R

Thank you for you input. I am going to change it right now. When I posted that one that thought actually crossed my mine and I should have gone with my gut...oops.

Thanks again