Shared room

Débora43
Level 1
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Shared room

If two persons (they're travel together) rent a shared room they pay for ich person or the two of them count as one?

6 Replies 6
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Débora43  🙂

You can choose both options.

I have a shared room and add an extra fee if the room is booked for more than 1 person. 

You can add the extra fee under "price settings". Mine is about 10 euros.

Best, Sandra

@Débora43 @@@Edit! I don't have a shared room but a private room. I guess I was really tired when I wrote that last night... 😕

haha That's okay. Thanks 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Your listing description is a "shared room" @Débora43 .  That is usually for a hostel type listing where unrelated guests share a room.  If that is what you want, then you need to have a listing for each bed in the room.  If you want what @Sandra856  suggests, change the listing to private room that the same party can be either  one or two guests with the second guest being charged an extra fee.  Hope this helps.

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Linda108 I somehow didn't realize that @Débora43  wrote "shared room" before you mentioned it 🙂

@Débora43 If you want to rent out your room to people who know each other it should be listed as a "private room". A shared room is usually for people who might not know each other. If you want it to list it like that you need to make two separate listings both named "shared room". 

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Débora43 

I think its best to state per person sharing, as two people consumer more than one, more water, more electricity, more heat (one of them may stay in the room all day while the other goes out) more towels etc

Think of all the things that two people can consume more of then one in your listing, and then decide.