Setting weekly prices

Setting weekly prices

Hi everyone

Can someone tell me if it is possible to to set a weekly price.

We book Friday to Friday on our small holiday cottage in the UK. At certain times of the year I am happy to take part weeks but from Easter onwards I would like a sliding scale from a sensibly priced minimum of 4 nights to a full week at a price that is effectively less per night than the short break. I normally block off a lot of the year to airbnb because I havent worked out how to set up it up.

The airbnb system seems very 'disjointed' and has the feel of being cobbled together as they think it through. They need a much more integrated and simple system like Supercontrol that we use for direct bookings to Willow Cottage in Cornwall. With this you can easily adjust all the necessary parameters for the year and the guest enters how many nights they want and it calculates the prices accordingly.

I looked at Custom Weekly Prices, but these seem to run from a Monday to Monday!

I guess there will be a way so can anyone enlighten me.

Thanks

10 Replies 10
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Christian152,

There's a recently added feature called rule-sets. It allows for customisation by date range of many settings, including pricing, length of stay, checkin and check out days etc. It may be of help.

How do ruls-sets work?

Steve.

@Steve143

Dear Mr Steve,

I suppose that you can help me because I am confused enough! I started a new listing in my account and tried to set up the prices. My problem is that I am trying to set up a rule set for weekly discount to put the percentage. Click on the listing --> go to calendar --> select the dates from the calendar timetable and on the right, first I check available and below set the price. Then, I am trying to set up a rule-set and put the percentage for weekly discount and the length of stay and on the right it doesn't seem. Only a private note I can edit. Could you please help me. Thank you in advance

Hello @Turquoise1,

What you describe there is the standard calendar function. When you select dates you can change only availability, the price and your private note. It's not the rule-set version of the calendar.

Perhaps the feature is not yet available everywhere.

I found it by going to the link below.

https://www.airbnb.com/hosttools

I scrolled down to the "Work the way you want" section and clicked on "Use the tools now" link. On the next page I scrolled to the "reservations" section and clicked on "Use the multi-calendar".

Even though I have only one listing the calendar then showed rule-sets as in the screen shot below.

You can then click on "Create a new rule-set".

How do I create and edit rule sets?

Steve.

@Steve143thanks for reply! I have also another older account where I dont have this problem and I suppose that with my new account there is a newer version of the dashboard in pricing settings, so something has changed. I will check the links. Do you have any further idea? How can I put a percentage discount for all April, or all May? Or do I have to select and customize specific weekly prices for specific weeks (in tiny letters on Length-of-stay discounts --> Pricing settings)

Hello @Turquoise1,

You can set a monthly discount in the "Length of stay" section but it applies to all bookings of 28 days or more no matter when in the year.

The only way to set a different percentage discount for different months is to use the rule-set feature.

Steve.

@Steve143thanks for your feedback. I will try again to find it by multi-calendar , as I have more than one listings in my account. If problem again, I will ask for your advice.

Thanks Steve. As usual you have to play hunt the feature on this most user unfriendly site, but I found it in the end. I'll have a look at the options it gives.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

The other way is to set a cleaning fee @Christian152

Reduce your nightly rate by £5 and add a £35 cleaning fee, 7 night bookings are the same as before and shorter stays are progressively more expensive.

You can still use custom pricing Fri to Fri with a min 7 nights, the 1st 3 nights would be at week 1 price and the next 4 nights at week 2 price throughout the season, its all done pro rata.

Hi Steve. I've checked that out, but it doesn't provide the sophisticaton I require. As I said, the booking system has a very clunky, after-though feel about it. They need to talk to some people who run holiday businesses and make the whole operation less frustrating and much more attuned to the subtleties of pricing. All I get are mesages telling me to reduce my prices. Prices are there for a lot of reasons and not just a race to the bottom as they would have. Maybe we're not the cheapest for a reason!

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Thanks for that Jeff. That maybe the way forward.