Seriously Concerned!

Lan1
Level 10
El Cerrito, CA

Seriously Concerned!

After hosting about 5 years,  I just permanently delisted 10 listings  and starting to take off last one. The reasons are the following:

1: Airbnb unsafe/ no screen booking process caused numerous crime/ illegal activities in my place, my neighbors, my family especially my children were in danger.

2: Recently frequent parties/drug gathering trashed and seriously damaged my property 

3: Airbnb case managers were lacking of basic professionalism: I posted here several times my experience with host guarantee program case managers, they feed you either saved response or just close the case. 

4: Promising calling back, but ...

Last Saturday 10/19, I just had another huge party thrower again  through IB, booked for 4, arrived about 35, Neighbors were complaining at midnight,  I went inside the apartment to request visitors leaving, the guest starting to threaten me... I called several times Airbnb for helping, they informed me they were cancel the reservation, order the guest leave, but nothing happened...

5 am, they informed me that couldn’t reach the guest.

Guests stayed later than my check out time, left me one star review, and sent me rude messages.

I desperately called Airbnb again and again, they promised my case manager would call back soon, but passed TWO days, nobody called back...

In 5 years, I had a lot of wonderful experiences, most my guests ( about 97%) were kind, respectful, and courteous. Unfortunately Airbnb recently changed the guest booking requirement, put our host security in danger!

My fellow host, please protect yourself before some disasters happen! 

周蘭
5 Replies 5
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Lan1  Sorry to see you giving up on Airbnb. If you have changed your mind to stay longer, you may take suggestions from hosts in this forum. Hosts here have abundant  experience to prevent bad guests from booking and damaging hosts' properties.

Do you have any plan to list your properties in other platform for short-term rental or decide to do regular long term rental? Good luck!

I had a lot of great experiences in Airbnb in this 5 years and  enjoy hosting very much! Just recently Airbnb changed the booking security screen process, and maybe bad luck, my house was targeted for parties. The issue is Airbnb couldn’t or unwilling provide support when we desperately needed.

thank you for your comments!

I still have one listing, I will try my own guest security screen plan....

周蘭

@Alice595 I still have last one listing and am trying my own security screen in booking process! I will reject uncomfortable request regardless what will be the price 

Thank you for your support!

周蘭
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Uh @Lan1  that's bad 😞

if your properties are at a party destination then it would be better to switch to some other booking site where the real security deposit can be taken and where are more mature guests.

I am sorry you are leaving us but I can totally understand your reasons, at your place I would do the same. 

Shawn112
Level 2
Auburn, CA

I tried to comment and was not allowed.