Security Deposit

Lyn100
Level 2
New South Wales, Australia

Security Deposit

Is anyone aware that The Security Deposit can change, example:  If you "Snooze" and then unblock a period, making it available on your Calendar page does NOT make it available for guests to view/book.   You actually have to go to "LISTING", then to 'LIST DETAILS" and scroll down to LISTING STATUS. Then select "list", but if it won't change the status from Unlisted and a note appears saying you need to have a Security Deposit not less than $147 - $1,....  (my security deposit was $140).  The Airbnb  Assistant said that when you snooze or block this figure can change.  I can't find anywhere on the website that notifies Hosts of this  issue.  I had to go into PRICING scrolled  down to "Standard Fees & Charges" to change the amount to $147 before it would let me change to "List". I thought  I was LISTED because I unblocked dates and on the Calendar.   Airbnb need to make hosts aware of this - IT IS NOT CLEAR ENOUGH, I didn't know this at all.

This has been an invaluable lesson - Potentially costing me anywhere between $75 - $3825  (for the 51 nights that I thought I was available for bookings).

0 Replies 0